Backdrops (Fan-art) and Cover-Art (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Where does he get those wonderful toys?
For those who are curious, the plug-in currently retrieves much of it's artwork from fan driven sites. This means that all the fantastic movie backdrops that are automatically being downloaded and piped to your HTPC are available because other users just like you uploaded them. If you have the time I would strongly recommend you check out the following site, create an account, and contribute when you can.

themoviedb.org
All movie backdrops (fan-art) are downloaded from this site. The site at this point is fairly new, but it has a lot of potential. If it weren't for this site, the plug-in would not be nearly as impressive out of the box, so I owe Travis (the site operator) a big thanks. And if you guys are loving the backdrops you have, but would like to help fill in the gaps, by all means, please visit themoviedb.org and upload artwork that is missing.

MovieBackdrops.com
I also want to thank Scott Zsorsi and Archigos for putting together moviebackdrops.com. They are now merging with meligrove.com so the moviebackdrop.com domain is going away, but this was the backdrops provider used initially when Moving Pictures launched and without them, the initial release would not have gone nearly as smoothly. The big wow factor right now for Moving Pictures is the backdrop support, and without the website these guys setup, that wow factor would have been absent the first month of operation. So again, thanks.

Movie-XML.com
On initial launch, all cover artwork and movie details were retrieved from this site. It has since unfortunately gone down, but I want to thank zag2me for providing this great resource to the community for the period of time it was available. This site made the initial release of Moving Pictures significantly easier to put together.

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to add my own backdrops, if possible. I've searched and couldn't find a way.:confused::D

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to add my own backdrops, if possible. I've searched and couldn't find a way.:confused::D

You would have to add your backdrop to the folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize

(or similar when you're using a different language windows!)
    With the imdbID.jpg format
    Also, (what I did) just point to the correct backdrop from the Moving Pictures interface (you could loose it though on a next full scan, depending on your settings)

See this post for a longer explanation:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/300513-post8.html

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    Could I trouble you once more? I'm trying to add Assassins, IMDB id tt0112401. What do I rename the backdrop file?

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

You would have to add your backdrop to the folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize

(or similar when you're using a different language windows!)
    With the imdbID.jpg format
    Also, (what I did) just point to the correct backdrop from the Moving Pictures interface (you could loose it though on a next full scan, depending on your settings)

See this post for a longer explanation:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/300513-post8.html

I have done some testing and found that this does not always work.. I have a tt123456.jpg in the folder, and the corresponding movie in my library, but it doesnt show in the plugin. I also seem to have "lost" quite a few backdrops compared to earlier. Seems some of them decide to show up only 1/3 times etc.. Going to investigate this further.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Call the file "tt0112401.jpg" and drop it in the folder marvenius listed.

Alternatively you could upload it to meligrove.com to share it with everyone. Once you do this, to update your local system, goto the movie details screen for the movie in the MediaPortal GUI and hit "Check for New Artwork" from the context menu. It will then automatically pull down your newly uploaded backdrop. This is the preferred method since it will add the backdrop for everyone. Just dropping the file in your backdrop folder only adds it for you.

EDIT: Darre, yeah there is some kind of bug in the artwork system right now. It is flagged to be fixed in the next release. If you figure out any pattern to what is going on though, I would be all ears. I haven't investigated things too much yet, but it seems like some strange behavior is going on...

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    Thanks, John. Just want to see how things look for me before I upload. Don't want to share junk.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom