Backdrops from artist with "and" or "&" in the name (1 Viewer)

Den70

Portal Member
February 22, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The Fanart handler works fine for me in every way (music, movies, series) but for one music artist: "Florence AND the Machine". Backdrops for this artist don't show up in the "now playing" screen. Instead, random images of the other artists in my database show up.

When I look in the MP-configuration I see that the scraper describes the artist as "Florence & the Machine". That makes me wonder where the scraper gets the name from. Because all of my tags and folders use "And" instead of "&". I re-read the music database (at first) and also tried it by deleting the fanart database-files but still the "&" keeps showing up.

How does this work? And is it possible to import backdrops manually? I tried it by placing a backdrop named "Florence AND the Machine.jpg" in the scraper\music-folder but this doesn't change anything. Still no Florence on the screen when I am playing one of her songs.

In the scraper I see a button "import local fanart" but this button doesn't do anything. How does this button work?

I'd rather not use the "&" instead of "and" as I did use "and" on purpose to avoid problems with tags and libraries.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm running into the exact same problem today (how typical) :)

I'm trying to scrape some Music Artist Backdrop & Fanart for 'Bob Marley & The Wailers'. The scraper does find a match, 2 fanarts pics get downloaded, but are names 'Bob Marley The Wailers' so it seems it can't handle the '&' in de dB. Since i've got all songs tagged correctly (with the '&' in between) the fanart and Music Artist Backdrop don't show up.

Cul8er, any idea if this if fixable or is there a workaround these characters?

Den70: htbackdrops.com is the source. You already found the button for manual import, it works perfect, so i assume your problem is a mismatch between the music tags & the Backdrops/Fanart downloaded by the plugin.

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I change the name (in the mp3-tags) to "Florence & the Machine" ( "&" instead of "and") the backdrops show up like they should. It seems like that a part of MP sees that "Florence & the Machine" is the same as "Florence AND the Machine": backdrops are downloaded. But when playing music MP gets confused. I'll stick with the "&" for now as a workaround.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Strange, because i've tagged them like 'Bob Marley & The Wailers'. The fanart is found, gets downloaded and is saved as 'Bob Marley The Wailers' which results in them NOT showing up while playing (Random fanart is shown).

Pitscho

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Backdrops from artist with "and" or "&" in the name

i have "florence + the machine" in my mp DB. "florence + machine" exists at htbackdrops.com, but i don't get artwork shown.

the fanarthandler DB has an entry for "florence the machine" the + seems to be the problem. i also startet an issue at fanart-handler - Project Hosting on Google Code for special character support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom