Backing Up MP Settings (1 Viewer)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
What files contain the setup settings etc ???

I want to back this up to another HDD, as i want to reinstall windows (format etc) but keep the settings :)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You could either just copy the whole directory and put that over your new install or unistall MP and keep whats left.

Main files are
    mediaportal.xml
    database\

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

T Thanks for the reply. It looks like the Program Files (x86) requires backing up too. I did read the wiki (Backup and Restore) I will give it a try.
    T Thanks for the reply. It looks like the Program Files (x86) requires backing up too. I did read the wiki (Backup and Restore)...
    Hello, After backing Mediaportal folder from c:\Programdata\Team Mediaportal, I restored it on a new build (after performing a...
    Replies
    Views
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    Good you solved it. It’s indeed really strange as xaml always uses „.“ as decimal separator. There are also several other code lines in same file and other files, where the dot seems to make no trouble. It’s unclear why only this line causes issues. I tried again as in your video and no issue here :confused:
    Good you solved it. It’s indeed really strange as xaml always uses „.“ as decimal separator. There are also several other code...
    Description: Nereus skin does not show new/reworked view mode selection screen, instead it falls back to old/default screen. As a...
    Replies
    Views
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use MPiviewer for ipad and that's what was important to me. it's nice to have taken the time for my problem which will undoubtedly be useful to others as well.
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use...
    Hello, I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the...
    Replies
    Views
    in MP config goto plugins -> MovingPictures and open the config. There you can delete the wanted movies ;)
    in MP config goto plugins -> MovingPictures and open the config. There you can delete the wanted movies ;)
    I am using MediaPortal 1.30 and Moving Pictures. In fact, I have been using them for so long that my movie list is now... a mess...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom