Bad audio quality? (1 Viewer)

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
I've tried this plugin but in my setup the audio quality is - strange to say - bad and absolutely NOT bit-perfect :(

When the sound is played I hear some noise with it as I'm playing an old analogue radio disturbed signal and not a pure digital audio signal... and when I use - for example - my browser (Firefox) the sounds clicks!
It is the clear signal the Windows XP is devastating the sound for it's obscure purposes :mad:

My sound card is a Creative sound blaster live! and I'm using the Kx driver... I've set the pure audio plugin for use ASIO... 44.1 Khz output and the lowest latency possible... but the sound is wrong :(

If I use foobar 2000 in kernel streaming mode the audio is real bit-perfect no noise, no clicks no pops I can browse while the music plays, too :D!

Maybe I've set it wrong?

Thanks for the help,
fanoI

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
For now I've resolved using the very old foobar plugin and kernel streaming!
The drivers used are the latest Kx Drivers... not the creatives one that are a piece of $*it :mad:

It's not really a solution as that foobar version is really old and not supported anymore!

Maybe when I've some time I try the 1.22 version of pureaudio...

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
For now I've resolved using the very old foobar plugin and kernel streaming!
The drivers used are the latest Kx Drivers... not the creatives one that are a piece of $*it :mad:

It's not really a solution as that foobar version is really old and not supported anymore!

Maybe when I've some time I try the 1.22 version of pureaudio...

Please post back your results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom