Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (1 Viewer)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Basic Home Automation Plugin supporting control of xAP Basic Status and Control (BSC) enabled devices.

With xAP either directly or through "connectors" you can control many devices.
The plugin uses the xAPFramework.Net (xFx)

Sample xAP BSC Connectors:
xAP X10 CM10 or CM11 devices
xAP X10

xAP X10 CM12U devices
CM12U

HomeSeer plugin that will xAP enable HomeSeer devices
Mi4.biz - Content

The BHAAhCmdLine.dll download allows support for connected CM15 USB devices
for this plugin. (Does not include xAP support for them though). Also requires
install of ahscript.

Features:
- Controlling xAP enabled Devices
- Creation of "Macro Scenes" that allow you to have several devices configured to be set to specified setting with a single command
- Creation of Delay Timers to use in Macro Scenes to delay execution of items.
- "File Runner" devices to run external files

Notes:
Only tested with recent SVN and BlueTwo Skin.
Very Beta so does a lot of logging and may cause problems :)
Readme included in the zip file.

Download from the MediaPortal plugins download section.
(May take a little while to appear)
Also added the download here until the downloads section is updated.

v0.1a
- Added missing images (Yes, I forgot them)
- Changed some internal code to use interfaces for control and display
- Added BHA.log logging independent of the mediaportal.log file

v0.1b
- Changed BSC cmd message body blocks to include index
- Added static lookups for folder locations for ease in future

v0.1c
- Added basic support for xap-temp.notification and temp.reading devices

v0.1d
- Fixed BSC Stream Device Text display

v0.2a (3/26/2007)
- Added option to align label text via skin file
- Added ability to control Keyboard Within Item Navigation via skin file
- Reworked database, now using System.Data.SQLite.dll
- Added Import for V1 to V2 database
- Changed "Escape" to back up a level verses going to the home screen
- B2Wide skin file included

v0.2b (04/03/2007)
- Add option to set imageset to NONE
- Fixed OSD displays
- Changed Display OSDService to use a list for displaying buttons
- Changed Display OSDService to use reply with button text verses translated text

v0.2c (04/04/2007)
- Fixed OSD Duration
- Added OSD Lines to 4

v0.2d (05/19/2007)
- added hover_BHA.png for Home screen image
- Fixed Level Device level change bug
- Fixed List View bug when page up and down
- Added BHAAhCmdLine plugin to allow use of ActiveHome ahcmd.exe command line
tool for device control and status updates (specifically added for X10 CM15A USB Device Control)

v0.2e (05/28/2007)
- Added more fixes to the ActiveHome plugin for CM15 devices.
- Went to System.Data.SQLite version 1.0.41 beta for compatibility with another plugin.
- Make several changes to SQL statements to work around a bug in System.Data.SQLite 1.0.41 beta
(AccessViolationException in 1.0.41 beta - System.Data.SQLite)

v0.2f (06/05/2007)
- Fixed sending Off then Dim on toggle command to send Dim then Off.

v0.2g (06/30/2007)
- Fixed Label alignment not working
- Added Option to Show(or not) the State Text on per device basis
- Added Web Pic= support for the Mi4.biz display.message
- Added option Image= support to the standard xAP-OSD.Display for Tivo and Slimp3 schemas
- Added Range Setting Option for TemperatureSensor devices to allow for level image use
- Moved CM15 support files to own zip file

v0.2h (07/08/2007)
- Fixed bug caused by Label alignment fix.

v0.2i (09/24/2007)
-Converted to xFx.dll
-Added advanced settings for level devices (multiplier and Offsets)
-Converted Database, Thumbs, Plugin folder lookups to native MP API

v0.2j (09/01/2008)
-Added Sound= Option for Message.Display in the Display.Look block
-Allowed more flexability for the OSD timeout/duration
0=Sets the duration to 2 weeks, LT 0 or GT 2weeks results in 20 second timeout

patrick

lukxz

Portal Member
August 6, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Great !!!!!
I want it NOW :)))
I've tried it using lastest svn build but when I click configure in the process plugin section I get following exception (copied from error.log).
Did you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!
Lukxz.

2006-12-21 00.00.17.781250 [ERROR][MPMain]: SQL:BHADatabasev1.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:no such column: devices.commandline query:confused:elect devices.idDevice as idDevice ,devices.pluginKey as pluginKey ,devices.bhadevicetype as bhadevicetype ,devices.uid as uid ,devices.address as address ,devices.alias as alias ,devices.category as category ,devices.imagepath as imagepath ,devices.location1 as location1 ,devices.location2 as location2 ,devices.location3 as location3 ,devices.location4 as location4 ,devices.deviceschema as deviceschema ,devices.statusonly as statusonly ,devices.hidedevice as hidedevice ,devices.exstring1 as exstring1 ,devices.exstring2 as exstring2 ,devices.imagesetstate as imagesetstate ,devices.commandline as commandline ,devices.commandlineargs as commandlineargs ,devices.state_on_alias as state_on_alias ,devices.state_off_alias as state_off_alias ,devices.state_unknown_alias as state_unknown_alias ,devices.use_alt_image as use_alt_image ,devices.adjust_level_pct as adjust_level_pct from devices WHERE pluginKey LIKE 'xAPController' and bhadevicetype LIKE 'BSCBinary'
2006-12-21 00.00.17.921875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:BHAProcessPlugin.BHAPlugin exception:confused:QLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQL:BHADatabasev1.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:no such column: devices.commandline query:confused:elect devices.idDevice as idDevice ,devices.pluginKey as pluginKey ,devices.bhadevicetype as bhadevicetype ,devices.uid as uid ,devices.address as address ,devices.alias as alias ,devices.category as category ,devices.imagepath as imagepath ,devices.location1 as location1 ,devices.location2 as location2 ,devices.location3 as location3 ,devices.location4 as location4 ,devices.deviceschema as deviceschema ,devices.statusonly as statusonly ,devices.hidedevice as hidedevice ,devices.exstring1 as exstring1 ,devices.exstring2 as exstring2 ,devices.imagesetstate as imagesetstate ,devices.commandline as commandline ,devices.commandlineargs as commandlineargs ,devices.state_on_alias as state_on_alias ,devices.state_off_alias as state_off_alias ,devices.state_unknown_alias as state_unknown_alias ,devices.use_alt_image as use_alt_image ,devices.adjust_level_pct as adjust_level_pct from devices WHERE pluginKey LIKE 'xAPController' and bhadevicetype LIKE 'BSCBinary'
in SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
in SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
in BHACore.Database.BHADatabase.GetDeviceIDsForPluginKey(String pluginKey, BHADeviceTypes deviceType)
in BHACore.BHADeviceManager.LoadAllKnownPluginBSCBinaryDevices(String pluginKey)
in BHACore.BHADeviceManager.LoadPluginConnectors()
in BHAProcessPlugin.BHAPlugin.Start()
in MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()
2006-12-21 00.01.19.828125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Control has invalid animation type

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I guess the biggest difference is that xAP is open source while X10 isn't. Now we of all people know the benefits of that ;-)

FRom looking at those links there is also an interface to allow xAP to contol X10 devices.

shred444

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2006
    I did a little research and i think xAP(pronounced Zap!) is a protocol for communication between devices.

I believe X10 is another protocol that uses existing power lines throughout the house to communicate between devices.

I believe there is software/hardware that interprets xAP codes, and transmits them over X10.

...but im not sure

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Great !!!!!
    I want it NOW :)))
    I've tried it using lastest svn build but when I click configure in the process plugin section I get following exception (copied from error.log).
    Did you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!
    Lukxz.

My fault :(

I attached updated DLL files to the first post while I update the MP download.

HTH,
    patrick

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country

lukxz

Portal Member
    August 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Patrick, now it works well !
    It's a very useful plugin... now I'm looking to automate all my x10 and 1-wire devices....

Two questions:

- first, I'm pretty new in xAP technology, can you explain me how can I trigger an OSD event from another xAP node?

- second, can you post images to configure your plugin? Now I've found only icons for leveling dimming modules but in your screenshot you've many many more! :)

Thanks and best wishes to all !!!!
    Marry xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom