Basic home without menupictures? (1 Viewer)

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I must say that I really like this skin.
    However I have two questions/suggestions about it.

First is it possible when generating the Basic Home xml that also generate the "normal" home sceen xml to be identical to the basic home? Why would I like this? Because if I press "Start" on my remote when in basic home I will get the "normal home screen" and as it is not valid for X-Factor I have to switch back to the Basic home. With two identical home screens it does not matter which I am using.

Is it possible to get a BasicHome menu without the images in the menubar? I would like a menubar that is "small", i e just the text, TV, Movies, Music and so on. I have changed the background images that are displayed to family photos and I think that the menuimages takes to much space on the sceen hiding the background image.

/Erik

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Wait a few days and the next version of the xfactor skin will generate a menu like you describe (the AEON style).

cheers
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, he wants to disable the Home and ONLY have Basic home. To do this, you must download and install https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...k-share-monitoring-new-schedule-option-48181/

It's a tweaked version of MediaPortal that has some added features, and among them is the ability to use only Basic Home or only home. It would of course be much better if someone could make a plugin that does this instead (if Basic Home is active and Home button is pressed, do nothing).

Edit: Perhaps you can remap your Home button so it just links itself to Basic Home in the Configuration/Remote section.
    Emph

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Would coping the Basic Home and renaming it to Home make it work? If it does it would be like he is saying.

generate the "normal" home sceen xml to be identical to the basic home?

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

What I whant is a way that prevents switching to the Home screen when in the Basic Home.
    My thought was to generat to identical ones and the switch will actually occure but the result is the same, ie the Basic Home is visible even if it is actually the Home that is active. The drawback with this is that it takes some time to switch to the BasicHome. If it is possible to disable the switch in an easy way that would be great. But the easiest must be to have to identical xmlfiles generated.

/Erik

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

This is not possible. Basichome you can customize and have almost any layout but the home is different and very strict in what design you can use. Only a vertical menu is possible (see blue3wide, streamedMP, xface and so on).

What you can do if the only problem is the start button on your remote is to set it to basichome instead.

best regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tried and tested. It works!

Emph

Attachments

• only.basic.home.png
      only.basic.home.png
      30 KB

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

Yes remapping to "Second Home" is what I whant. Thank you very much.

The Aeon menystyle is not really what I ment. It is to much to scroll if you have a lot of submenus. What I would like to have is the original horizontal screen with vertical submenus showing up when first menu is active. The thing I do not whant is the pictures that are together with the first level menu, ie TV, Movie and so on. I think that the text is enough, (so do my children that are complaining all the time). Simple is beautiful.

/Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom