BasicHome Editor: Can add an item that points to an specific video folder? (1 Viewer)

trepamuros

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello,

I would like to include an item on the BasicHome that points to an specific folder of my videos.

I have some video folders: MOVIES, CAMERA, CHILDREN, etc. Well, I would like to create an item on the BasicHome that opens directly CHILDREN video folder to see the list of the movies there, so my children don't have to navigate on the movie folders then click on their specific folder.

Is this possible using the Editor?

I know another option is to use MovingPictures only for the children movies, but that's not the point.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I would like to include an item on the BasicHome that points to an specific folder of my videos.

I have some video folders: MOVIES, CAMERA, CHILDREN, etc. Well, I would like to create an item on the BasicHome that opens directly CHILDREN video folder to see the list of the movies there, so my children don't have to navigate on the movie folders then click on their specific folder.

Is this possible using the Editor?

I know another option is to use MovingPictures only for the children movies, but that's not the point.

Hi trepamuros,

This is not really possible, you could create an menu entry for myvideos, use a static backdrop (or use an unused Fanart folder if you have, say Games or Score center and put the film backdrops in there). myvideos would need to be used on 'shares' view only and in the configuration->Videos->folders only tick Childrens folder, this will cause myvideos to open on that folder.

This is messy and precludes the use of myvidoes in any resonable way.

To work effectivly we, as skinners would need to able to pass a parameter to myvideos that tells it what folder to display - there is a patch in the system that will allow this (additional work will be still be required to myvidoes) but at best this will not be in till the next manitenance release of MediaPortal.

sorry for the less than postive answer.

trepamuros

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Trevor, thank you very much for the answer. I was guessing this is not possible since the Editor, which is a fantastic utility to custom BasicHome, doesn't allow it.

I'll try MovingPictures instead. Not my favourite plugin, as the importer is far from accurate with Spanish titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom