ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Hi All!

Who can help me make BasicHome screen for Titan skin, in the form of vertical icons. For example three or five buttons in a single column. Are selected in a circle. Active is always in the middle. But that described but unspecified plugin does not interfere with scrolling.
    For example, in BasicHome screen are described: My TV, My Music, My Video, Moving Pictures, My Films, TV Series, Trakt, Online Video, Weather, etc. But in the Mediaportal installed or enabled only: My Music, My Video, TV Series, Trakt, Online Video, and they were chosen in a circle.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I'm not 100% sure I follow what you want, but it reads like you want the same selection layout as you get with Classic view [plugins are on loop, centre is 'active' selection] but running vertically and not horizontally.

I'm sure that's what an earlier, and quite possibly current version of PureVision [one of Catavolt's many excellent skins] does that, so think it would be good starting point I think.

On mechanical side, I'd create a local theme, copy in minimal files you think you need and work from there - I've tinkered with skin layout & function and using themes makes is so much easer to unbreak what I just broke:)

Cheers- JCMP.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm not 100% sure I follow what you want, but it reads like you want the same selection layout as you get with Classic view [plugins are on loop, centre is 'active' selection] but running vertically and not horizontally.
    Almost, but I would like to determine for himself what plugins are available in BasicHome rather than those that are defined in the Configurator. That is, They may be less, or more, or may be an option customizable. That is, do not display plugins My Radio and RadioTime and display only one (the user will choose which one).

Something like this:
    View attachment 136389

I would blank, and there I will try to finish it myself snake as I want. I understand what you should do something similar to a vertical list, without explicitly prescribing transitions when you press the up and down.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    From what your talking about, I believe it's a complete re-code with explicit 'exclude' support for each plugin you want - as in all skins I'm aware of, what you see is what's configured.

Also, if a plugin is NOT enabled in configuration, it's not available to MePo at run time.

I don't think there's an easy route to what you want - the only way I could think of getting close to your idea would be to have configuration based on user, so you can switch between 'users' - I don't think there's a plugin that can do that.

Sorry, not helpful but if I understand correctly, what your looking for is far more complex than just some changes to Basic Home.

Cheers - JCMP

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Sorry, not helpful but if I understand correctly, what your looking for is far more complex than just some changes to Basic Home.
    At the like are not. I just want to make a list in the form of buttons. And that if one of the buttons was not visible, it had no effect on this list, but to decrease the visible elements.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Stack them in a vertical group and add visible if plugin is enabled/disabled ? It won't be scroll-able like the menu in classic home though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom