BasicHome weather through InfoService (1 Viewer)

mironto

Portal Pro
March 15, 2010
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
I noticed a problem with InfoService displaying 5 day forecest on BasicHome screen. Second day title is wrongly set to first day.

Code:
common.weather.xml
<control>
	<description>Day 2 title</description>
	<type>label</type>
	<id>111122</id>
	<posX>496</posX>
	<posY>80</posY>
	<width>276</width>
	<font>font11</font>
	<textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
	<label>#infoservice.weather.forecast1.weekday</label> <== should be forecast2
	<shadowAngle>45</shadowAngle>
	<shadowDistance>2</shadowDistance>
	<shadowColor>FF000000</shadowColor>
</control>

attachment.php

After I changed it to <label>#infoservice.weather.forecast2.weekday</label>, everything's fine.

Also, I noticed that if I switch away from the weather button too fast (before the animation drawing 5-day forecast ends), the 5-day forecast stays half-rendered on the screen (or looks like only the shadow is left).

attachment.php

Can this be addressed?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 30092010342.jpg
    30092010342.jpg
    25.7 KB
  • 02102010353.jpg
    02102010353.jpg
    69.2 KB

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thanks for letting me know; the day 2 label will be fixed in the next version, I’ve also attached the corrected file in this post.

“Also, I noticed that if I switch away from the weather button too fast (before the animation drawing 5-day forecast ends), the 5-day forecast stays half-rendered on the screen (or looks like only the shadow is left).”

This I think you have to ask the plugin/mediaportal developers about. The conditional visibility in the skin file looks okay so I think it a plugin/mediaportal bug.

Attachments

• common.weather.xml
    10.9 KB

mironto

Portal Pro
March 15, 2010
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
This I think you have to ask the plugin/mediaportal developers about. The conditional visibility in the skin file looks okay so I think it a plugin/mediaportal bug.

Yes, found out this really is a bug with MP skin engine.
0002826: Fade animations are not applied to text shadows (when using the <shadow*> tags) - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I was able to fix it by adding <animation effect="fade" reversible="false" time="300">VisibleChange</animation> in the Group: Full Weather. This will cause that the weather will not be faded out when you move away from weather icon. It's a win-win fix, since the reverse animation is broken, anyway
0002866: Visiblechange animations do not process reverse animations correctly - MediaPortal Bugtracker
The weather will only be faded out when you move from the icon before the 5day weather is fully drawn.

You could fix it by using both fade-in and fade-out animations like this:
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" Start="100" end="0" time="300">Hidden</animation>
But then there is another bug with animation, that the hidden controls (our 5day weather forecast) fade out even when they are not visible (thus the weather is shown each time you enter basichome screen and only then starts to fade out until it vanishes).
0002867: Hidden animations all execute on windowopen - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Yes, I know, three bugs in the skin engine ni one place?!? Give me a break!

So I would suggest that when you use <shadow*> tag together with <animation fade> you better stick with the good old method of creating overlayed and shifted text (black+white+1px shift in my case). This way the shadow is faded in as well and you don't have to disable the reverse animation with reversible=false (so if the VisibleChange is fixed in the future, you will get the fade in/out working great).

Attached is my xml.

Edit: Oh, just found another bug, the second day does not have an image displayed.
<texture>#infoservice.weather.day2.day.img.big.fullpath</texture>
needs to be replaced with
<texture>#infoservice.weather.forecast2.day.img.big.fullpath</texture>

Attachments

• common.weather.xml
    12.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom