BASS ASIO sound interrupted by browsing music (1 Viewer)

OleJ

Portal Pro
September 13, 2006
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
When playing music using BASS ASIO and browsing ones music the sound is interrupted each time you go "back".
Opening folders does not affect the music, it's only when you use "back" to go back up a folder.

Perhaps there needs to be some coding that prevents navigation and other MP sounds from interrupting the ASIO stream?

EDIT: Attached the logs

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    It's the same if progs like WebEPG runs & db it's updated & some other things that started & stopped in MP.....
    (attach your logs when posting bugs)

Regards
    Roy

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    It's the same if progs like WebEPG runs & db it's updated & some other things that started & stopped in MP.....
    (attach your logs when posting bugs)

Regards
    Roy

I'm sorry but I didn't understand a word of that...
    I will post logs to my bug threads as soon as I'm done building the databases in MP.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You can experience the same with BASS & ASIO if database for tv it's updated by WebEPG & some other stuff thats MP uses(i did some tests with this a week ago & experience the same, was thinking this was incompatibility between ASIO & my system).

Regards
    Roy

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    You can experience the same with BASS & ASIO if database for tv it's updated by WebEPG & some other stuff thats MP uses(i did some tests with this a week ago & experience the same, was thinking this was incompatibility between ASIO & my system).

Regards
    Roy

Thanks for clarifying. I believe that it's a problem with the ASIO implementation as it should not be interrupted like this.
    I will test with the ASIO plugin and see if the problem exists there as well.

It was exactly the same when using the ASIO plugin.

Only solution is to uncheck "Enable GUI sound effects" under "General" in config.

I guess this may be categorized as "not a bug"?

I do believe that ASIO when selected should disable GUI sounds and vice versa if that is the only solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom