Battle of the £100 mini pc's (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
There now seems to be a whole host of windows 10 based mini pc's to choose from and its time for me to buy another one for my sons bedroom.

We already own the older Atom z3735 Justop G which has worked perfectly up until now, but it looks like theres a fair amount of choice with the newer Cherry Trail Z8300 models, most of which seem to run the newer Gen8 Intel graphics, so was just wondering if anybody has any experience with any of the following.

Theyre all very similar spec (z8300 Cherry Trail atom CPU, Gen8 Intel graphics GPU, 2Gb DDR3 RAM, win10), the only differences being that the new JustopG claims to have hdmi 2.0 compared to all the others running hdmi 1.4, and the Beelink models have 1000Mb/s ethernet compared to the rest having 10/100 ports. The wired ethernet connection speed is pretty important to me as i have cat5e wired all over the house, so dont want to be bottle necked by any 10/100 connections, however i am a bit dubious about the build quality of Beelink...

Sumvision Cyclone Mini PC 2 - £119

Beelink Z83 - £97 (1000Mb/s ethernet)

Beelink BT3 - £119 (1000Mb/s ethernet)

Justop G i10 - £95 (hdmi 2.0)

Guleek w8 Pro - £90

Tronsmort Ara X5 - £108

Opinions anyone? :)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    They're almost like clones of each other in terms of specs, apart from the Beelink BT3 with 64GB flash instead of 32 (I guess that's the extra £20) for that one, I don't know how you choose. The Justop looks potentially better vented than most of them, and has an internal 2.5" bay, which personally might swing it for me. I guess maybe it's a bit bigger with that drive bay?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem myself but ive read lots of people who have had framerate slow downs due to heat transfer issues on the gpu.

The Beelinks are my choice at the moment due to the Gigabit ethernet and larger HDD, but im not sure it justify's the extra cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom