BBC HD - What Codecs are required? (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
I just added a Hauppauge Nova S2 card to my PC, but could only hear audio with no video when watching BBC HD/ I can however watch all other Hidef H264 videos fine (via coreavc/ffdshow). So I then installed the Hauppauge WinTV software which installed come or other codecs + all its other rubbish and I could then get video out fine. This is on the main mediaportal server.

My problem however is I STILL cannot see video on my other mediaportal client (a laptop) and I cannot install the WinTv software as it won't install with no detected wintv hardware. I tried a trial of power DVD and can see it on that and on VLC but not in mediaportal despite selecting the power DVD codec in config. Mediaportal itself runs fine with my DVB-T cards on clients and on the sd satellite chans. Anyone know what codecs you need? Thanks

Mohero

Portal Member
December 31, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Interesting, I have the same (or similar issue)

I'm running 1.1.0 on Windows 7 pro (32-bit) with a Nova-HD-S2 card, Windows Media Center works without problems (apart from not doing what I want) media portal plays sound and no video *IF* I already have TV Running, otherwise it does nothing.

Given it works in MCE I'm slightly confused by it. Note:- I've not installed anything from the Hauppauge disk.

I'd be interested in knowing what codec you have selected on your main system. once I have that one working, I'll get going on other system. I'm missing BBC-HD.

J

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
I just installed the wintv software, no intention of ever running it. The player(codec) selection in Mediaportal seems irrelevant, mine is left set to purevideo. Maybe it's some other thing like a splitter or ? that wintv is installing that makes it work?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Try installing SAF (Stand Alone Filters).

You will need the "Unlocked" version, so you will need to PM the thread starter for details of how to do that (usually he replies within a couple of hours, but he may have had a couple of white beers last night so it might be slower today :) ).

Link Here.

Have fun.

Robbo100

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I can confirm the PDVD codec (H264) that you get with PDVD or "Unlocked SAF" works fine for me (bar the odd MP live TV issue).

J.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I remember that BBC HD (via Freesat) worked fine for me w/CyberLink - and only CyberLink.

This might be related to TS-reader, which has been improved much lately.

Please always state what version (or SVN) you all are using when reporting what works/doesn't work.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    OK I upgraded my coreavc to v2 (+ installed the accompanying Haali which I did already have anyway) and that did the trick, though reinstalling the old version might have done the trick too. Satellite is awesome (NME TV etc), why did I stick with dvb-t for so long? Happysat'er ;-)

Only problem is with Mediaportal switching from sd to hd you get no picture, so have to press stop then restart channel, I presume to do with the timeshift buffer?

BTW My version and all system details are in the 'my system' dropdown to left of message. I never understand why people re-paste all this info cluttering up posts?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I only had 25hz with PDVD codecs, but CoreAVC was perfect 50hz with bob/linear deinterlace with BBCHD and ITVHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom