BBC iPlayer Plugin (1 Viewer)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, anybody looking at developing a BBC iPlayer Plugin for MediaPortal?

Regards.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
I think they (the bbc) have found a way to stop the streaming of the higher quality mp4 encoded streams to anything other than an ipod.

But, it is however possible to scrap the bbc iplayer page and get the streams from there, but these are lower quality and it would be a "dirty" hack.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
See the attached application to show roughly how iPlayer would work if it was integrated to MP, it has to scrap from the bbc iplayer website and it very hacky (getting to fullscreen etc). The only way to get out of fullscreen (with a remote), if integrated into MP, would be to press the media center button.

Over at XBMC, they have managed to get to the higher quality iPod Streams (i think - someone correct me if i am wrong), but they are unable to stream them and have to download them fully before being able to watch.

The trouble is, finding a way to download the bits, join them together and play them (stream it basically), without having to have a server->client setup (server downloads and streams). If anyone has any ideas how you would do this, then give me a shout and I'll have a look at creating a script for it.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
Any chance you could make the source to this available? :)

To be honest, there isn't really any functions that i have created.....I am simply using the internet explorer control.

If you still think you need it, then i will post the project files up later.

mrfunks

Portal Member
January 31, 2008
Cardiff
Home Country
i Player

PLEASE can one of you clever chaps get this to work PLEASE!

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
i know it seems like this can't be done, but just to put another request on it if it ever becomes possible i'd use it!! thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have the same problem as you face now.
MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have...
The iPlayer link in Onlinevideos is only showing the last program in the series. For example 'The Traitors' only shows the final...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.30.0 BBC One HD disappeared! DE
OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error message "preview failed: no PMT found " I think I may have found the reason - I read on another forum that the Bluebell hill mast will not be upgraded until the 27th June!
OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error...
Hi, The BBC have recently made changes to their DVB-T2 broadcasts and now I can no longer find BBC one HD , I have scanned three...
Replies
Views
The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
Replies
Views
Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom