BBC iPlayer will launch on 27 July (2 Viewers)

petzlux

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guess if you can use it with a remote control through HIP for example it could be quite easy to do a quick and dirty "integration".

petzlux

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Just got access to it ! waiting for the first download to finish, so far I dont know how you would integrate it with MP, as the downloads are done inside a custom client software.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hmmm, see no Vista support for this yet.

Will keep a eye on this, but would say for most people with PVR capabilities (as here) this is only a internet duplicate of what you can do anyway.

regards

petzlux

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Hmmm, see no Vista support for this yet.

Will keep a eye on this, but would say for most people with PVR capabilities (as here) this is only a internet duplicate of what you can do anyway.

regards

Well I wouldnt say a duplicate, as there is that small detail that this is LEGAL !! :D (I mean opposed to downloading it from some bittorrent source. It is also a nice fallback for when you missed something that wasnt recorded, for whatever reason (no free tuners, PVR down ... )

And downloads once started were fairly quick. I could imagine this working with one of the webbrowser plugins, because the navigation inside the client is quite easy.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Pity that in the hype for this, that they forgot to mention that it is being limited in the number of people able to use this beta software.

You can sign up for it, but may not receive the email link once there quota is reached.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have the same problem as you face now.
    MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have...
    The iPlayer link in Onlinevideos is only showing the last program in the series. For example 'The Traitors' only shows the final...
    Replies
    Views
    Still working on it, although a bit slowly. Only one major thing I need to add: reliably sending keypresses to the webview2 (need that for netflix's skip 15sec. etc) after that it's time for testing
    Still working on it, although a bit slowly. Only one major thing I need to add: reliably sending keypresses to the webview2 (need...
    Hi, Not sure whether this is really "off topic" or not as this is really about the abilities of MP, but couldn't think where else...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom