BBC ONE HD and BBC HD cause system to hang then not play any HD or SD channels (1 Viewer)

windin

Portal Member
July 29, 2009
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there

not posted any technical info as yet just trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem as search brings up nothing.

I have 2 tuners a generic USB DVB-T stick and a TeVii s470 DVB-S2 PCIe card. Both work absolutely fine and the TeVii lets me watch the free to air UK HD channels. However while C4 HD and ITV1 HD are fine as soon as I try and watch any of the BBC HD channels my system freezes for about 45 second before displaying a black screen. After trying to watch BBC HD none of the other satellite channels will work be they SD or HD they all start to behave exactly the same as the BBC HD one causing a freeze and a blank screen, stopping and starting the TV service does not fix it nor does a reboot or a rescan I have to carry out a reinstall (I have tried deleting all the channels and rescanning but it still won't work they scan ok but will not play, I have not tried dropping the whole DB yet that's next on the list) the DVB-T channels work fine throughout.

This started on a straight install on 1.2.3 and continued after an update to 1.3 Alpha, following that I did a reinstall with the same result then I tried 1.3Beta with the same result.

anyone had this before?

nabster

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Leicester
Home Country
Yes kinda of with me it was watching channel 4 Hd would cause the same problem it was fixed by changing codecs, Used to use core avc then swapped to cyberlink decoder in unlocked Saf now using Lav with 1.3 beta with no problem.

Ps fill in your system spec on your user account bud this can help give answers to problems.

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As above this is more likely a codec issue.

I am suprised a reboot had little difference; was this a hot reboot or a cold reboot ?

And please post your logs of the MP session. Delete old logs run MP debug and upload logs when bug/fault occurs.

You would also get more help if you did fill in your system specs, at the moment we are blind to your pc hardware.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Guys,

It's hard to sort issues out without Log files.

If you can then please attach them to your bug reports.

Thanks.

treboR2Robert

Portal Member
    November 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi I seem to be having this exact same problem.

I have been using mediaportal for about a month now and have tried 1.2.3 and 1.3 alpha with both worked great but yesterday thought i would try the new 1.3beta and ever since installing I have had nothing but problems. I cannot watch TV at all at the moment because of this problem.

I have tried several times now to completely uninstall mediaportal and mysql then clean the registry and make sure everything is gone and then install 1.2.3 again.

Even after I have done all this I have the same problem. I have tried codecs, reinstalls, making sure the satellite is OK and now I am just stumped.

Could it be something that 1.3beta done to the registry or something ?

BTW both channels say they have 100% signal strength and 100% signal quality

If i go to manual control and do a timeshift on either of these channels the discontinuities go through the roof

I'm sorry I haven't posted logs I am still new to mediaportal and I am not sure how to or what logs I need to post.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    All file from the following

\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log
    \ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log

Compress them into a Zip file and you will be able to upload the files to the forum.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    MP Watchdog debug mode..JPG

Run mediaportal debug mode and post the logs after the problem arrises.

Edit. as above.

Last edited:

muscles

Portal Member
    July 15, 2012
    Home Country
    I had smiliar problems but with my issues as soon as i load a channel from tv guide bang blue screen of death grrr lol thats with the beta 1.3 i already had 1.3 alpha unistalled it with my sql then installed 1.3 beta but i found the problem for me was the mediaportal audio renderer when i select the default all was great.

Last edited:

treboR2Robert

Portal Member
    November 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Just to let you all know I am still having this problem and I now think it has something to do with the card that I am using ( Skystar s2 ).

I think the problem is that all other transponders are using QPSK and the transponder that bbc hd and bbc one hd use are 8PSK

I think my card the Technisat Skystar S2 has problems with this format.

Maybe I'll just have to buy a new card

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom