bda drivers ? (1 Viewer)

diop

Portal Member
February 22, 2006
hey thanks for the help guys im gettin pretti confused though. i mean
wats the WHQLed driver? is that the BDA driver im lookin for. how do i tell if i have installed a BDA driver? is that just the one on the cd that makes everythin work? sorry for the stupid questions. i updated the CVS thing on that website u gave me alreadi

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    diop said:
    hey thanks for the help guys im gettin pretti confused though. i mean
    wats the WHQLed driver? is that the BDA driver im lookin for. how do i tell if i have installed a BDA driver? is that just the one on the cd that makes everythin work? sorry for the stupid questions. i updated the CVS thing on that website u gave me alreadi

Tuner card drivers are either WDM or BDA, i would suggest looking at the tuner makers homepage for these drivers. BDA is just a standard interface for tuner drivers.

WHQL just means it is microsoft certified drivers, its of no consequence whether or not the drivers are WHQL.

What tuner are you trying to find a driver for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy them to. Can anyone point me in the right direction as my memory of the config is hazy and probably out of date anyway.
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy...
    I just installed MP2 yesterday. Getting the digital tuner going went pretty straight forward. Right now I mainly have 2 issues as...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the long wait, with a baby in the house one is happy to get some sleep at all or to form a coherent tought for more than 15minutes. :) recording from 2 tuners at once is stable so far. With zapping I have BSOD after about 10-15 channel changes. Obviously I havent recorded that much. Channel change is slow at 5-6 seconds...
    Sorry for the long wait, with a baby in the house one is happy to get some sleep at all or to form a coherent tought for more than...
    Hi, I am a bit pressed for time now, but I have prepared the text below while my forum registration was pending. My apologies...
    Replies
    Views
    Sure thing, RoChess! Take your time. Some things do have priority over others...
    Sure thing, RoChess! Take your time. Some things do have priority over others...
    The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom