[solved] Beginner needs help recording live TV (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I’d even call it a functional bug, that we should fix. The options start and stop recording manually should appear independent from availability of EPG.

Ufiti

December 23, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, will try and figure out how to set up EPG next. I'll let you know if that fixes it. If this were the case, I would have assumed it would have come up a bunch.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need to verify the behavior by deleting my epg and checking the dialogue. If confirmed I’ll capture it in a Jira ticket.

Last edited:

Ufiti

December 23, 2019
    Home Country
    I finally got EPG working using EPG-Buddy, so now the recording options do show up. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!

FWIW, in my opinion it would be much better if there was a 1-click manual RECORD button, rather than having to go into a menu and choose start and stop times. Just click the button once to start recording and click it again to stop recording. I was using Arcsoft TotalMedia previously, and that's how they have it. I would also prefer the MUTE button be 1-click. Having to go into a menu to mute the TV is not ideal if you get a phone call. Anyway, just my opinions. Thanks again for the help!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What kind of input device are you using? A remote normally has a mute button, which offers you what you want.

You can also check out the Input Devices in Settings where you can map functions to keys on your input device.

Ufiti

December 23, 2019
    Home Country
    I am now using the Hauppauge HVR-1265, and I do not have a remote. I will look into mapping a key to mute. But that wouldn't work to manually start and stop recording would it?

Ufiti

December 23, 2019
    Home Country
    Hitting "R" is not doing anything for me. Not sure why.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you hit 'R' or was it 'r'?

Keyboard commands need to be entered as capitals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom