Tools and other software Best Alternative to NERO? (1 Viewer)

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Looking for a replacement for NERO, as they have finally ran me off, they have got just to damn expensive and tired of the new features going in new versions that cost a million bucks.

I know their is a lot of good projects and free stuff out their I just want input on what people think is the best. Suggestions..

Please any suggestions will help, I would like to find something tonight.

Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Steve

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
Thanks Helios61, was actually just looking at that one, it looks great. Yet maybe be lacking some features, you know, older nero was so great, now they just have it so bloated, was great for Vid editing/burning and audio.

I would like to find a good solution to install for peeps that they can burn most files, make video cd/dvd's and maybe some other esential's you would expect. Even if they had to pay 80 bucks once, but not every 6 months as NERO has came to.

Thanks and we have this one bookmarked.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why bother upgrading Nero if there's nothing you need in the new versions ? - I'm still running Nero 7. I agree with you that the recent versions seem bloated and expensive....

GUI for dvdauthor - is a good , free DVD-Video authoring tool (but a bit daunting at first).

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Must admit, I just like the simplicity of ashampoo burning studio 7, equivalent to nero without the headaches :)

steve760

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Why bother upgrading Nero if there's nothing you need in the new versions ? - I'm still running Nero 7. I agree with you that the recent versions seem bloated and expensive....

GUI for dvdauthor - is a good , free DVD-Video authoring tool (but a bit daunting at first).

Tony

Just actually pulled out a Nero 7 Express OEM Samsung Disk and installed that for my mom on her new comp. Just about the perfect amount of stuff in that build, made sure to exclude the Nero Home.

Yep version 8 and 9 are just getting carried away, version 9 of nero is just a complete pile, we have had so many calls for people wanting 9 removed from their systems, leaves behind all the "Iconless AutoPlay options" in both XP and Vista system when you remove, as well as causes many other operating system errors.

Thanks for the info I will check out the GUI for dvdauthor and see what it looks like and offers.

steve760

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Must admit, I just like the simplicity of ashampoo burning studio 7, equivalent to nero without the headaches :)

Thanks for the recommendation, this looks OK, how often do they upgrade versions and leave the old one behind?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I work on the principal, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Like everything, there are improvements, but who uses them, MP in my mind is totally different, as its pretty modular.

i just want to burn the disk type I chose :), remember that Nero, without all the other crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom