Best case with a display (1 Viewer)

Kingmob

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have decided to start building a HTPC. I have limited room available for the case however, so my choses are somewhat limited. The maximum height is just above 15cm.
I had set my eyes on the Antec Fusion v2, since i have read very good reviews about the sound it produces and the cooling system. I also want to be able to place at least 2 HD's and one DVD-writer. However, i read many negative stories about the display and this kind of scares me away. I would really love to have a display, but it has to be readable and functional in MP, which this display supposedly does not support.

So my basic question is, what is a good alternative for this case?

Ramshackles

Portal Pro
December 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well, I have a few favorites.

I tend to always look at OrigenAE (A bit pricy) or Silverstone, those 2 brands are my all time favorites really. But I have a tendency to use SFF cases (cubes) at the moment, like the Silverstone SUGO.

Regarding the sound level, bare in mind that a bigger fan (80/120mm) are able to cool better and don't need as many rpms as small fans, therefore producing less noise.

OrigenAE S-series of cases are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. Silverstone makes a bunch of nice cases aswell, just keep in mind the slimmer you go the more trouble you'll have using expansion cards if you want to add those.

stowaway

Portal Member
November 24, 2007
antec v2

Im also looking at this case. (antec v2) im just worried that i wont be able to fit 2 hdd in it as well as a decent video card, sound card, mATX moboard.

anyone out there got this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom