Best codec/settings for TV? (1 Viewer)

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Greetings everyone,

First to the devs - Thanks for a great software!

Now I would love some tip and tricks from the community here ;)

I wonder what codecs/settings you consider to be the best for viewing both standard tv and high definition tv?

Currently I am using the Nvidia codec for standard tv and core avc codec for HDTV. Beside that I have not done any other settings in mediaportal at all since I don't know what to do.

So now I am very openminded to listen to you inputs regarding this and try it out.

Thanks in advance! :D

/Thrilled

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Its all a personal preference. I have tried all sorts - from ffdshow and coreavc to PowerDVD.

What I decided on was to use PowerDVD and Hardware acceleration from my Graphics card for everything, and then ffdshow for anything it cant handle.

thrilled

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2008
    Understandable that it's a personal preference and as I said I am willing to test what other people find best for them.

I am VERY interested regarding all the other settings that can be done beside the codecs ie deinterlaced..

I also heard something about EVR or such which I have no clue at all what it does.

;)

/Thrilled

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    If you want to have some fun, look into all the things that can be done with ffdshow! It'll consume your life and make you updgrade to do more and more post-processing and resizing!!! ;)

thrilled

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2008
    I have tried ffdshow however in my experience the Nvidia codec gives me better picture. However I am by no means an expert regarding setting up ffdshow ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom