Best DXVA HDTV codec (1 Viewer)

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
Ever since the Fix of the unable to start graph issue was fixed in TS reader My codec of choice PDVD9 with dxva has been misbehaving and prone to going juddery on the least bit of CPU/HDD activity though it's fine in mpc or in media portal with the TS renamed to MKV. it seemed to be the most compatible with whatever HDTV channel you throw at it.

Arcsoft seems to work alot better with these slow downs and it takes quite a hit for it to go juddery, Using DXva it's still using the excellent DXva de-interlacing too, but it doesn't work very well with 720p with the odd misplaced frame, also prone to glitches on BBCHD.

MPC H.264 decoder with DXVA seems to constant flash the first I frame that it saw in the channel you viewed in 1080i, no good.

FFDshow isn't using the hardware De-interlacing possibly not even using DXVA Judging from the CPU usage.

Core AVC using Cuda would be good but it doesn't like VRM9 under XP, seems to work beautifully with hardware de-interlacing and cuda under windows 7.

Is there anything else i could try. Also is there any way to stop the drop down controls appearing because that also sends pdvd9 DXVA into a judder mode.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Final
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass 2.6.0
Windows Version: XP pro sp3
CPU Type: Intel Q8300 2.5ghz
HDD: Samsung 500gb system and storage, Segate pipline 320gb timeshift and storage, WD EADS 2TB record
Memory: 2x 1gb Corsair DDR2 667 PC5300
Motherboard: Gigabyte P43-ES3G
Video Card: ASUS 240GT
Video Card Driver: 258.96
Sound Card: Realtek Hd audio on board
Sound Card AC3: AC3filter or MPA over HDMI
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5964
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.1
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver: 2.125.28070.0 (11/03/2010)
3. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver: 2.125.28070.0 (11/03/2010
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.2°E on 1 card a Diseqc switch with 19.2°E,13°E,1°W
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20
Cooling: Arctic cooling Frezer 7 Pro
Power Supply: Corsair HX520
Remote: Happague MCE remote
TV: Pioneer LX5090 (British version)
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI>Dennon AVR 1910>HDMI

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Could you please upload a small .TS sample of a channel that gives you judders.

I am using PDVD9 under windows XP and i haven't noticed something similar.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Could you please upload a small .TS sample of a channel that gives you judders.

I am using PDVD9 under windows XP and i haven't noticed something similar.

Actually there is no point, The channel was actually experiencing technical problems and is now fine. but i can grab one that 1080i channels that seems to go juddery every time it comes back from an advert break under pdvd9.

I'm now sticking with the arc soft codec, BBC HD behaves in the most part, can get glitchy, but it seems to work best for everything else.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    After some further testing i came to the conclusion that it has to be the channels that are using VBR for their streams. Mine symptoms are similar now that i think about it, each time there is a scene change there is a 50% chance of the video to stutter.

Do you experience similar symptoms?

Check this thread.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    After some further testing i came to the conclusion that it has to be the channels that are using VBR for their streams. Mine symptoms are similar now that i think about it, each time there is a scene change there is a 50% chance of the video to stutter.

Do you experience similar symptoms?

Check this thread.

I experience those exact symptoms on virtually every HDTV channel from Sky UK's HD subscription channels to foreign ones all over the place.

I also Checked it out on windows 7( i have in installation that i abandoned on a partition on one of my drives) it's stutters now and then but it doesn't turn into non stop stutter.

Every DXVA codec does it to some degree.

It's just now a case of trying to get the relevant logs!!

I can switch back and forth with windows Xp and 7, I have media portal setup and working on both, also a whole bunch of possible audio setups because i have the multichannel LPCM over HDMI and SPdif on the built in sound card high def audio on the motherboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom