Best 'Lossless' Format to Rip DVDs for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

hufaunder

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
I have all my CDs ripped in FLAC and now want to rip all my DVDs. I want it all lossless (besides the original compression) and then play it through MediaPortal. It was suggested before to create an iso file and then use damoen for emulating DVD drives. This seems quite cumbersome, though.

It would be nicer if I could just rip the DVDs, put the rips into a subdirectory of a dedicated movie directory and MediaPortal picks it up from there. So the question is what is the best ripping program that gives me files without quality loss and what format should the target be?

Thanks

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You seem to have misunderstood the Daemon Tools recommendation. What you're asking for is exactly what ripping to ISO, Daemon Tools and MP will do for you. All you need to do is install Daemon Tools, use the MP config to enable auto mounting of ISOs with Daemon Tools, set up a video folder in MP, then rip your DVDs to ISO using a tool like DVD Decrypter. Once MP has been set up, any ISO file you put in that folder will be visible to MP, and will automatically be loaded to the virtual drive and play with a single click inside MP.

hufaunder

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
Oh, that's great then. I believe DVD FabDecrypter (I assume that is what you refer to) can also remove the region code, correct? I'm asking because I brought a lot of DVDs from Europe.

Also does DVD FabDecrypter do some error corrections? For CDs I am using EAC which re-reads if there is a problem.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom