...best plugin to My TV and My Pictures? (1 Viewer)

els

Portal Pro
May 9, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi all.
What is the best plugin to My TV and My Pictures? :oops:
Tks.
...els...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

For the latest version of MediaPortal, you currently have 2 options regarding TV inside MesiaPortal
    1. The TVPlugin that is distributed with TVServer
    2. The TVPlugin that is distributed with ForTheRecord
    If you want to simply watch TV and record a few shows, with the easiest setup, option 1 is the best.
    If you are into advanced recording scheduling, and do not mind some extra setup steps, then you might fancy option 2 .

Then there are other plugins that can allow TV outside MediaPortal. Example on VLC or even on a compatible nokia.

For pictures you must go with the normal pictures plugin included in MediaPortal.

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    All my records is getting the name MANUAL ...

rekenaar, thank you.
    I just like to put names on my schedules and also choose the length of recording time and more flexibly.
    All my records is getting the name MANUAL ... And I can not specify an end time, just fractions of recording time.
    Only that. I can not properly use the EPG information from because they are delayed by 3 hours in the local time (Brazil).
    I do not need internet access.
    Thank you again.
    ... els ...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I can not properly use the EPG information from because they are delayed by 3 hours in the local time (Brazil).

I think we must focus on your problem. Can you explain a bit more please?

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I can not properly use the EPG information from because they are delayed by 3 hours in the local time (Brazil).
    >-> Reply soon ...

>-> Same ForTheRecord

I think we must focus on your problem. Can you explain a bit more please?
    rekenaar.
    This is not the PC that is installed MediaPortal. So as you can, post more.
    See you soon and tks.
    ...els...

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Difference 3 hours

rekenaar.

Please:

• See the TV Schedule (screenshot (site) 11h03): 14:35 Caldeirão of Huck (Show) (see attach file: TV Schedule - Site TV.jpg (24.5 KB)).
    • See the TV Guide (screenshot (MP Skin X-Factor) 11h03): 11h37 Caldeirão of Huck (see attach file: TV Guide - Difference 3 hours.jpg (64.1 KB) )
      [*]Difference: 3 hours
      [*]The same happens with the DVBViewer and PowerCinema.​
    Grateful for your help. :)

...els...

Attachments

• TV Schedule - Site TV.jpg
      TV Schedule - Site TV.jpg
      24.5 KB
    • TV Guide - Difference 3 hours.jpg
      TV Guide - Difference 3 hours.jpg
      64.1 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    And what do you use to load your TV Guide? XMLTV?

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    And what do you use to load your TV Guide? XMLTV?
    I don't know.
    How do I know?

Attachments

• TV Server - TV Mapping.jpg
      TV Server - TV Mapping.jpg
      28.3 KB
    • TV Server - TV Epg grabber.jpg
      TV Server - TV Epg grabber.jpg
      35.2 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I have no experience with the EPG Grabber. Maybe someone else have some input on that. I wonder if the timezone plays a role with the epg grabber? Is your timezone crrectly set up? (Control Panel; Date & Time; TimeZone)
    Someone else from Brazil who can give some input on EPG?

In the mean time, if timezone is not the problem, lets test something.
    Untick that tickbox to grab epg.
    Get a xmlv file for Brazil. Try here:
     TVxb - downloads
    Also see instructions on that page.

Then enable the xmltv plugin in TVServer and see how i looks after import of the manually downloaded xml file. Just for a test.

Users who are viewing this thread