[Beta - Update 2013/08/09] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
This plugin can be used to render 3D Videos and TV Channels in MediaPortal

Features
Using the plugin, the following are possible:
  • Switch from one stereoscopic format to another
  • Experience 3D without the need of a 3DTV (using cheap coloured glasses)
  • Render stereoscopic 3D subtitles
  • Detect and remove Letterbox from stereoscopic sources
  • The plugin automatically remembers the stereoscopic format of each video or TV channel
  • It can be translated to your language from within the configuration window
  • As with every MediaPortal plugin, it can be skinned to meet your design
Visit the projectpage for more information.

The perfect "3dtv.at Stereoscopic Transformation" filter from here is used for the actual 3d translation
(It's actually a trial of the Stereoscopic Player which also inlcudes the free filter)

IMPORTANT
The plugin works only with versions 1.8.1 and BELOW. There is no cooperation by the filter's owner to provide support for the new versions.
The 1.8.1 installer is not distributed anymore officially but can be found from here or elsewhere with some searching

Screenshots
(The video playing was downloaded from here)

#1 - Before activating 3D mode, video can is displayed normally
MP3D_Screen1_BeforeActivation.png

#2 - The 3D mode activated
MP3D_Screen2_3DMode.png

#3 - Select source format
MP3D_Screen3_SetSourceFormat.png

#4 - Changed output format to Over /Under (note the video is Side By Side)
MP3D_Screen4_SetOutputFormat.png

#5 - Adjusting parallax to a Color Anaglyph output format
MP3D_Screen5_AdjustParallax.png

#6 - The 3D mode context menu
MP3D_Screen6_ContextMenu.png

Known bugs/limitations
- The keyboardhooks to key 3, 3D mode, may be lost during playback. Exit fullscreen mode and reenter to reapply the hooks ...

Download
Download from project page here

Changelog
[Update 2013/08/09]
- Updated for MP 1.4

[Update 2012/02/25]
- Updated for MP 1.2.2
- Added support for stereoscopic subtiles
- Added support for stereoscopic overlay menu
- Added support for Letterbox detection

[Update 2011/10/15]
- Updated for MP 1.2.1

[Update 2011/04/30]
- Updated for MP 1.2 beta
- Now includes a Configuration panel
- Should work with live TV streams but I dont have a TV card to test
- Entered Beta

[Update 2010/09/12]
- Graph creation should not crash now ...

[Update 2010/09/11]
- Saving of source/parralax per filename and outputFormat globally
- You do not have to set the filter through Configuration. It is added automatically on request
- By default 3D mode is disabled. Hotkey 3 will allow you to enable 3D mode. To disable again, long-press key 3
- Most crashes were fixed thank's to Drk||Raziel how created the C++ wrapper BUT:
- There might be some keyboard delay on pop-up menus. Just be patient ;-)
- There could be crashes especially when high parallax values are used.

Let me know what you think! :D

Last edited:

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [PoC] MP3D - Render 3D via MediaPortal!

That's awesome, thank you very much. It would be great if you could go on with this project and implement a function which automatically switches to the specific 3D format.

Thanks for your effort! :D

Update: I think it would be also a nice extension if it would be possible to convert the 3D picture back to 2D. This would be interesting for people like me, who uses one Network storage for multiple HTPC's. With this HTPC's that are not connected to a 3DTV could also watch the 3D Movie ;-)

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
Re: [PoC] MP3D - Render 3D via MediaPortal!

If you got this going, you would be putting MediaPortal ahead of the other HTPC software, by miles. You will make many people happy.

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

jojo1411:

I'm thinking about expanding it to save the user specified 3d format so that it is set only once for each movie.
Also, there is the possibility to view the movie as 2D: see 2D output from context menu. It shows only left or right pictures ! Maybe there could be a "preferred viewing method" for each client ;-)
Sadly, the limitation of the filter is that it can not understand anaglyph (colored ones) 3d movies. For those movies 2D mode or any other 3D mode is not available.

craige1:
It's all about free time which I might not have :p If there are any other members that would like to contribute, this extension could go further !

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [PoC] MP3D - Render 3D via MediaPortal!

Yesterday I've tried your new plugin. Unortunately it didn't work as I have imagined. After install step by step with your instructions i played Ice Age 3D (mkv - side by side). I pressed 3 and tried to change the output format. After changing with the arrow keys mediaportal crashed.
Any idea?

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

Maybe your graphics card does not support each and every of the output formats. Please try with context menu directly to select Side By Side for source format and Over/Under for output. It should work since those do not require any special render.

If possible, please report the output format which crashed MP ... The formats that crashed on my PC have been already excluded from 3d the menu.

Thnx

thunder

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007

MP 1.1 and Blue3Wide and Win 7

MP crashs by used 3, right or left. F9 shows only the orginal Kontexmenu from MP

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

thunder
I guess you've installed the "3dtv.at Stereoscopic Transformation" filter ...
Did MP crash once you've pressed "3" or did it crash after zapping with Left/Right arrow keys?

I've noticed that if you try to change source or output formats with the arrow keys too fast, the filter crashes and therefore the whole MP crashes / freezes.
Also, the F9 context menu will show the 3D menu only if the "3d mode" is enabled (aka number 3 was pressed)

Please let me know if that helped you!

thunder

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007

@thunder
I guess you've installed the "3dtv.at Stereoscopic Transformation" filter ...
Did MP crash once you've pressed "3" or did it crash after zapping with Left/Right arrow keys?

I've noticed that if you try to change source or output formats with the arrow keys too fast, the filter crashes and therefore the whole MP crashes / freezes.
Also, the F9 context menu will show the 3D menu only if the "3d mode" is enabled (aka number 3 was pressed)

Please let me know if that helped you!

1. Yes

1.) booth

3.) not freezes but MP terminated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom