Better Integration between TVClient Plugin & TVserver (1 Viewer)

TrueBlue

Portal Member
March 6, 2008
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a multiseat configuration. It´s pretty stable but it lacks a few very important parts.

My TVServer is going to sleep after a while when no client is accessing a stream. It also wakes up when it´s time for recording. As it should...

I´ve made a program that wakes the TVServer and awaits the TVService to be running before MP is started on the client. Because if the client can´t connect to a running TVService, MP Hangs. I also made another program that runs on the server that monitors if any client is online with a running MP. If there is no client online the TVServer goes to sleep.

That part should be included in the TV plugin and only be activated when i want to watch tv. I should be able to use MP for listening to music etc. without starting the TVService. When i want to watch TV and the TVServer is down the plugin should be able to wake it up with WOL. All of this should be an automatic behaviour.

I also would like a TVServer monitor plugin of some kind. where i can put the Server to sleep/Wake it up and Restart TVservice/Machine remotley.

It would also be nice with a keep alive signal that has nothing to do with the stream to do. so i quickly can switch to TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom