better Integration Into Windows XP (1 Viewer)

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    why is mce better integrated into mp?
    mce is only an application, its not more or less. mp is an application too.

and could you descripe this bass thingy a little bit more?

DGMurdockIII

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    well with mce it has a very nice intervace and if your useing you your pc as a media pc it will go right to the screen you want when you start your pc on windows xp mce log in screen

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think I understand you, but you really should try and be a little clearer. Sorry, but it's very hard to read your posts.

So you want a user configured as MediaPortal and when you log into windows if you choose that user then MP starts fullscreen?

If that is so, then it shouldn't be too hard to set that up. Simply turn off "Auto Start MediaPortal when Windows starts" in MP config and then create a new user called MP and add Mediaportal.exe to the start up menu of that user?

DGMurdockIII

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    I dont want it for my self, but i want it for Computers i sell at computer store.

When you turn your tv on do you have to start up a program no to watch it. Think of this as a media pc or like your VCR/ DVD player you just pop in a movie and hit play even if there where some configuring it usually very little. So what im saying here is the market i want to put media portal in media PCs. You never now how computer savvy some one is when they buy a PC and if you look at window XP media center edition for got the os just the media center part look at how it integrated into windows if and if we could even take it one steep further like having a first time use thing for what i want to do. that be great. but media portal is still a littel was away from being used in the media pc yet but i will. but i still use media portal right now just have a driver issue with my tv card

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK.... I tried, I realy did; but I just can't figure out what you are trying to say. Sorry...

but i still use media portal right now just have a driver issue with my tv card

That's about everything i understod. Try using shorter sentences... no offence.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i still dont get why mce should be better integrated into windows than mediaportal.
    if you really use ur pc as an htpc, you dont want to see anythign else than mp. -> autostart with windows.
    if not, do not autostart with windows.
    so whats the problem?
    if you would liek to watch a movie, you would certainly do it on ur htpc, so mediportal is already running and does not need to start up automatically if a dvd is inserted.

so where is the "good" integration of mce?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    The only thing I think I got out of it was he wants it so you dont see windows basically at all. Going from the windows loading screen (or MP loading with the hacked start screens :) ) straight to the software. Whether or not that means a fullscreen loading screen to cover up the desktop Im not sure.

I sorta do like the idea as mine at the moment has MP to start at user logon and that you still see my batch file running in the background [before MP it finishes loading] updating the EPG. Cant really see the taskbar because of the overscan so thats not too bad. Icons are all hidden so its just the dos box which makes it look computerish.

On the scale of 1 to 10 of what I consider important its a -50 :)

Users who are viewing this thread