Better XMLTV EPG support (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I only managed to see title, description and obviously start/end times in MP. But in xmltv file there are all other sorts of information such as image urls, episode numbers, movie casts, IMDB ratings etc.

Are there any plans for implementing better EPG support from XMLTV and how is this going to be handled in MP2?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi matejdro

Episode numbers at least are already supported in some formats. Some formats are proprietary though, so they can't be supported.
    If you want to show extra information then change the placeholder settings in the DVB EPG section of TV Server configuration. Those settings apply to all EPG sources...

mm

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    What do you mean by proprietary formats? I'm talking about extra information in xmltv file like <icon> (for thumbnail of the show) or <credits> (director, actors etc.) that are not read or shown in mediaportal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What do you mean by proprietary formats?
    I mean only for episode numbers. The XMLTV format for episode details is:

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2 . 9 . 0/1</episode-num>

If the "system" is proprietary then it cannot be supported.

I'm talking about extra information in xmltv file like <icon> (for thumbnail of the show) or <credits> (director, actors etc.) that are not read or shown in mediaportal.
    You're correct - there are limitations. That is simply because the TV Server database can't store that information at the moment (I'm talking MP1) - those details aren't supported for any EPG format. This will require a big upgrade. Not something that is going to happen "overnight"...

mm

SpaceDeep

Portal Member
    February 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    mm1352000 what about SUBTITLE tag which populate episodeName field in mptvdb.program table

I can not see this in TVGuide?!?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Off the top of my head: there should be an %EPISODENAME% tag which you can use to show that. You add that either in the title or description in the DVB EPG section.

mm

SpaceDeep

Portal Member
    February 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    well i using WebEPG+xmlTV and not DVB EPG, and when i add %EPISODENAME% nothing happened
    See attached picture:
    Pic 1 screen shot of record in db.program - field episodeName
    Pic 2 Title is "Larina izbira" next to this i wish to have episodeName, so something like that (names from table program) -> title - episodeName

Is this possible to achieve?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      15.9 KB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      91.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    well i using WebEPG+xmlTV and not DVB EPG...
    I know that you're not using DVB EPG, but that should still work - it is the control for *all* EPG sources.

...and when i add %EPISODENAME% nothing happened
    So you restarted MP after saving the setting? Did you also check the key/legend to see whether it is %EPISODE_NAME% instead of %EPISODENAME%?

Is this possible to achieve?
    Should be. :)
    Unfortunately I'm at work right now so giving you the precise instructions is difficult...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom