Bfg 7800 Gs Agp **SOLD** (1 Viewer)

Scaldari

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
USed. One of the fastest AGP cards made at the end of the x32 era. I know of only 1 faster! Used to play FEAR and Obivion will all options on. Later got deligated to my HTPC When i build a new game rig <old game rig became HTPC> $100 firm <paypal><stil retails for over $200> or higher end Socket A DDR 400 Mobo in trade

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    How much shipped to the UK?? Is there a difference in teh us version to the uk?? ie UK is on PAL. is there anything that makes this specific to the US?
    Could you also post the specs of the card. AGP 4x 8x ???

Thanks

Kev

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am quite confident that all cards later than the nVidia 4-series is AGP x8. Even so, AGP x4 or AGP x8 - just about no difference, and a x8 gfx will work on a x4 mobo and the other way around.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    JIC - read this:

Wikki: AGP said:
    Compatibility
    Compatibility, AGP Keys on card (top), on slot (bottom)
    Compatibility, AGP Keys on card (top), on slot (bottom)

AGP cards are backward and forward compatible within limits. 1.5 V-only keyed cards will not go into 3.3 V slots and vice versa, though "Universal" slots exist which accept either type of card. AGP Pro cards will not fit into standard slots, but standard AGP cards will work in a Pro slot. Some newer cards, like NVIDIA's GeForce 6 series or ATI's Radeon X800 series, only have keys for 1.5 V to prevent them from installing in older mainboards without 1.5 V support. Some of the last modern cards with 3.3 V support were the NVIDIA GeForce FX series and the ATI Radeon 9500/9700/9800(R350) (but not 9600/9800(R360)).

It is important to check voltage compatibility as some cards incorrectly have dual notches and some motherboards incorrectly have fully open slots. Furthermore, some poorly designed older 3.3 V cards incorrectly have the 1.5 V key. Inserting a card into a slot that does not support the correct signaling voltage may cause damage.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi Scaldari,
    I have had a look at the specs and it doesn't say anything about 3.3v or 1.5v? I have had a look through my motherboard specs and that doesn't either. It is an old board, but I suppose AGP is old hat anyway.
    My board does have the same AGP slot as your card though with just 1 notch. So it does look like it will work and be compatible.
    I am interested if you could find out how much shipped to the UK. post code FY5 1RH

Many thanks

Kevin

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    from memory it was only the AGP 2x cards that had the different voltage.
    Any AGP card that is 4x or higher will work with any AGP mobo that is 4x or higher.

It sounds like a pretty good deal. Pity I have an AGP 6600 in my spare PC already. The upgrade isn't worth it to go from 6600 to 7800 on my spare PC.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    I take it the BFG lifetime warranty wont be transferable??
    I have just emailed someone regarding this card as they say that an AGP2 slot is required. It doesn't say that on the BFG website though, so I think that they are wrong there.
    It does look like a good solution at a good price. I will be selling my ATI HD2600 pro if I buy this.

Just need to decide if the warranty warrants buying new, or to just buy this one. MMmmmm
    decisions decisions

Kev

Scaldari

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Click the Postage Rate Calculator link in my post. it gives you all your shipping options and price. I already set it for US/UK. As far As the Warrenty Transfer goes... It says Original Purchaser but im not sure how are they to prove that it was not bought by you? It says also 10yr outside the US, but im not sure if that is residency or Purchase. Just say you bought it at best buy on a States Trip? it is nearly no questions asked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom