Big navigation bug in Last.FM (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Okay, this has happened between 1.0 and 1.01... To reproduce do the following..

1.. Enter Last.FM and "Start/Change stream" for "My Web Radio" or any stream of your choosing.
2.. Return to Home menu or any other menu for that matter (even Full-screen Visualization)
3.. Return to Last.FM and press F9 to either "Love, Skip or Ban" current track

You will notice that there are only two options now rather than seven.. "Start/Change Stream" and "Reload settings"

What will also happen is that your stream will dry up after a while...

I feel it is important to say this, to have a plug-in that is default with MediaPortal (and also payed subscription) to have pending issues is probably not a good idea nor a good look... Especially when you have well developed plug-ins like Moving Pictures and TV Series not in the mix.

Just my two cents..

The other pending issues are

1.. "Navigation outside of Last.FM'
Basically you can't skip tracks or any thing of that nature unless you are inside the Last.FM screen.

2.. "No Album Thumbnail"
This is a strange one as this was originally in Last.FM

3.. "Not all data passed on correctly to Bass Engine. (I guess you could call this one a feature)

:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi rtv,

Do you have time to look at the issues above. The one I'm most concerned about is;
    "Is there any way to make #Play.Current.ArtistThumb globally available, so that I can use it on overlays on different screens, the same way I use the #Play.Current.Thumb when I listen to music/radio?"

Thank you for a great plugin:)

best regards
    cul8er

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please understand that this is not related to the plugin at all but part of the musicoverlay which is responsible for setting global skin properties.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi rtv,

Thank you for the information!

Best Regards
    cul8er

MichelC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2007
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Rtv.

First, this is a great plugin, I started using it not long ago. I too have the same issue mentioned above.

Okay, this has happened between 1.0 and 1.01... To reproduce do the following..

1.. Enter Last.FM and "Start/Change stream" for "My Web Radio" or any stream of your choosing.
    2.. Return to Home menu or any other menu for that matter (even Full-screen Visualization)
    3.. Return to Last.FM and press F9 to either "Love, Skip or Ban" current track

You will notice that there are only two options now rather than seven.. "Start/Change Stream" and "Reload settings"

What will also happen is that your stream will dry up after a while...
    The strangest part is that the playlist will stop at the end of the current song. :confused:

Thanks.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    SO RTV... Not just me having this... Have you been able to recreate it... Just trying to help out... Great plug-in just damm annoying when your listening to last-fm and wanting to wonder, wiki stuff or check the weather...

PS: StreamedMP your skin (even got fanart going on).... Any chance of getting an #ArtistThumb back in the code like you once did a few revisions ago, I like the artwork, would be nice to have both...

lastfm.jpg

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I've been talking about this for a bit now... I've even got other deveopers to point this one out.. Just no luck.. What the hell do you have to do around here to get some thing on the Bugtracker!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom