Big wait to stop a video since 1.1 final (1 Viewer)

WildParadise

Portal Member
May 8, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 final
MediaPortal Skin: blue wide
Windows Version: windows 7
CPU Type: q6600
HDD: 3.250 tb
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: p5e-vm hdmi
Video Card: onboard
Sound Card: onboard
MPEG2 Video Codec: cccp
MPEG2 Audio Codec: cccp
h.264 Video Codec: cccp
HTPC Case: Lc17B
Cooling: fans
Power Supply: corsair
Remote: firefly
TV: sharp aquos
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Since I updated to 1.1 final, when in a video after pressing stop, have a new circle thing (like a timer) that makes like the system loads and then after approx 50 sec the video stop, I have never seen that circle thing before and it there was no lag to stop a video before.

tontsa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Seems you issue lies in the "GUIVideoFiles: OnPlayBackStopped store resume time" which is process that updates the position of videos in database so you can resume playback later from the same spot.

Go to Start menu.. Team Mediaportal.. Mediaportal.. Userfiles.. database.. and rename VideoDatabaseV5.db3 to something else.. then try again? If the timer goes away then you have a broken database file or something else wrong with the file.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm pretty sure i have the same problem, It wasn't like that before final like him, the video continue and the round thing goes on. Also like him if I watch the movie for a "long" time it can stop without problem but if I stop it pretty much right away then I got the problem. I gonna try changing the file name later as i'm not home, i'm also set with divx h264, with about 1315 movies. But the quantity wasn't a problem before the update (i think I had rc2 or rc3 before).

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Seems you issue lies in the "GUIVideoFiles: OnPlayBackStopped store resume time" which is process that updates the position of videos in database so you can resume playback later from the same spot.

Go to Start menu.. Team Mediaportal.. Mediaportal.. Userfiles.. database.. and rename VideoDatabaseV5.db3 to something else.. then try again? If the timer goes away then you have a broken database file or something else wrong with the file.

Hi, changed the name, add a movie to test and now the movie don't ant to start, renamed the first database, movies are back and these start, but does have the waiting time to stop

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    don't you just love the sqlite database ?

If you run it on multiple clients, you will often end up with a corrupted DB.

download and unpack:
    http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3_7_2.zip

you could try this batch :

rename movingpictures.db3 bak.movingpictures.db3
    sqlite3.exe bak.movingpictures.db3 .dump | sqlite3 movingpictures.db3

It can often repair any sqlite DB, in this case movingpictures.

/gibman

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I will check this:
    Code:
    2010-08-23 14:24:44.613055 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStopped()
    2010-08-23 14:24:44.637056 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: OnPlayBackStopped idFile=3 timeMovieStopped=3 resumeData=
    2010-08-23 14:24:44.643057 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: OnPlayBackStopped store resume time
    2010-08-23 14:25:43.033397 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
    2010-08-23 14:25:43.037397 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.doStop() - stop

what GUIVideoFiles doing between g_player OnStopped and g_player -stop (almost 60secs lost according to log).

Will report back here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom