Bitstreaming Ok in MPC-HC but No in Mediaportal (2 Viewers)

avpap

Portal Member
January 31, 2011
Home Country
Greece Greece
I can Bitstream HD Audio through MPC-HC (All formats) but not in MEDIAPORTAL.
I change SAF 4.0 to SAF 5.0 to Shark codecs without result.

My system is an I3 530 in a Gigabyte H55N mini-itx board and through HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-LX70 AV Receiver.

avpap

Portal Member
January 31, 2011
Home Country
Greece Greece
Nothing guys. It's Frustrating, I've used every codec (SAF 5.0, Shark) and setup I know with no result. I don't get it, in media player classic every HD Format plays fine but in MP i get only Dolby True HD. Any Suggestions?

avpap

Portal Member
January 31, 2011
Home Country
Greece Greece
And what about Graphstudio (installed by SAF), does it works here?

Hoborg, everything plays just fine from SAF's 5.0 Graph Studio.

Through Media Portal Portal the sound locks as Stereo!!

P.S. 1. AVATAR BLU-RAY RIP (Video= Fine, Audio= Stereo)
2. GLADIATOR BLU-RAY RIP (Cannot play VC1)
3. INCEPTION BLU-RAY RIP (Cannot play VC1)
4. STAR TREK BLU-RAY RIP (Everything plays fine, Passingthrough DolbuTrue HD)

avpap

Portal Member
January 31, 2011
Home Country
Greece Greece
OK strange......in MPC-HC the output is correct HDMI but if i play the same movie in MP the output is S/PDIF?

Is it a bug in internal player of Media Portal or what?
Everything just plays fine through Grapfstudio and MPC-HC.:(

piccirilli

Portal Member
September 24, 2009
Same problem here in MP 1.1.2 I can bitstream with MPC-HC, and with windows media player. But when I try to use the internal player, it defaults to PCM. I used to have it bitstream untill just a few days ago, though I can't figure out what changed. When I bitstream using either MPC-HC or windows player, the FFD audio codec opens. Using the internal player, FFD audio does not open, so it's something the internal player is not selecting FFD audio. However, I've tried every possible codec cofiguration in Media Portal, none fixed the issue.

avpap

Portal Member
January 31, 2011
Home Country
Greece Greece
I think it's a bug of internal player also. It doesn't make sense to work well with other direct show players and not with Media Portal. Any idea from the Devs?

BMan

Portal Member
August 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had a similar issue. I think it's due to the way the filters are registered. I created a guide for HD bitstreaming using an ATI card - see attached. The directions should work for any graphic/audio card setup. Please note, ffdshow and MPC filters have been updated since I developed the guide. You should download and use the latest versions. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Media Portal Bitstreaming with ATI5000.pdf
    1 MB

elevenblocked

Portal Member
March 22, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hello,

read this thread and i am in the process of a first time setup of mp. first time install as well of MP. my issue is i followed an avs forum members guide on setting up bitstreaming with mpc correctly but i cannot tell what the bitrate is. here is the link

Guide: Setting Up Bitstreaming With Your Windows 7 HTPC – PART I

at the last picture listed in that guide he has an icon of the bitrate in the lower right hand corner. he has version 1.2 and i have version 1.5 is this a feature they removed since this guide was made?

as i said i follwed the guide to the T but cannot tell how it is being output.

any suggestions?

(i just had this computer built from a small in town company. good company. 3 days ago. all ive done is try to play a movie and i havnt been able to do that yet b/c of my codec situation with MP defaulting to microsoft dvd h.264 decoder. i have blocked microsoft audio codec so im assuming i need to block the video as well correct? only thing is when i go to my codec setting it does not list the ffd show video codec as being a selectable choice. it seems to default to microsoft.

what must i do about this? (i can make a seperate thread if i cant post more than one question in a reply)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom