BitTorrent client that can... (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm looking for a BitTorrent client which will allow me at work to FTP the torrent file into a folder on my home computer. Then my home computer will take teh torrent file and download the actual file.

I'm wondering about this as to help me complete a few of the missing episodes I need for some of my favorite TV series.

Mike

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Well... why not set up a Remote admin program like Remotely Anywhere. You could then just log into your computer and cut and paste the link (when connected) to your torrent into IE... It will open up IE and download your torrent.

This is what I do :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Well... why not set up a Remote admin program like Remotely Anywhere. You could then just log into your computer and cut and paste the link (when connected) to your torrent into IE... It will open up IE and download your torrent.

This is what I do :)

Those ports are blocked at work!

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Azureus does this.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

You can set it to check a folder every 60 seconds and FTP your torrents to that folder.

You could even have it default save to another FTP folder to make your files available off-site. Or you could program or find a simple PHP script which could serve your files instead.

You can also set up a PHP based UI which allows you to upload torrents directly and monitor it, all through a web page served through your web server (assuming you have one).

http://www.strawp.net/?id=39

Chris

strontium

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    UK
    Have you tried logmein.com, it runs a service on your media server and then you just log into the website and it is all done through http. Worked really well where I work with ports blocked.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I use port 53... DNS to run my remotley anywhere. It's one of the few ports that we open up :)

500TH post... :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    uTorrent can also automatically start downloading torrents that are dumped into a directory. In fact I believe most torrent clients have this capability by now.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Azureus has a plugin called HTML WebUI that creates a web interface that you can access from anywhere as long as you know the IP of your computer. You can upload torrents this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom