[OTHER] Black/Blank screen after resume (1 Viewer)

Having black/blank screen problems?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    How many of you are suffering from blank screen if the HTPC was on before the TV. I was having the same problem, when my PC auto resumed.

So I have created an app wich in my case solves my problems 100%, it can also schedule a regular reboot, at keeps
    a log of what the PC is doing, rebooting, suspending, resuming

I would like to know the interest in such an app.

Please describe the problem you are having

Attachments

• AutoHDMIOn.zip
      30.6 KB

crazyfool

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    i get this issue sometimes as you say when the pc is on before the tv which i assume is down to the hdmi and hdcp handshake thingie... would be interesting to know what your app does to get around it

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Please test the above tool that I have attached.

First try and run it without any of the "Monitor On" settings, if that doesn't solve it try them out...

I can't guarantee if it will work.

Please go to the link in my signature for latest version of the tool.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is the tool actually able to force DVI/HDMI monitor re-detection i.e. fix the problem in this thread - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/tv-htpc-power-up-sequence-issue-hdmi-detection-60706/ - which I think is due to the TV EDID data or the HDMI 'hot-plug detect' signal being invalid when the PC wakes up, so the nVidia drivers assume there is no monitor present. Using the Windows 'display on' function doesn't fix it because it thinks there is no monitor connected.....

Tony

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    All I can say is, try it, I created it because I found a tool called HDMIOn, in my case it works, but I only had a black screen when the PC auto-resumed, and the tool always says to windows that a monitor is required. The functions "Monitor On" just turn on the monitor. But if a HDMI handshake fails because that the TV is off, if you activate "Every second" it could solve the problem when you switch on the tv....

So basically, try it, if it works, your lucky, if it doesn't,....

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, thanks - I know that running 'HDMIOn' doesn't fix the problem, and using the EventGhost 'display on/display off' function also fails.

When it happens, if I connect remotely to the PC it is running with a 'default monitor' (presumably on the VGA connection) because it hasn't found any other monitor.

Tony

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    nice app, great!
    used the original hdmion app with a shortcut button on my remote. Will try this app and see how it works.

[edit]
    This app does not have the desired effect on my system. Hoped that the app (with the setting 'turn monitor on every second') could poll my TV when I turn it back on. Still have to use the original hdmion app via my remote to succesfull restore the hdmi connection. (ati hd3200)
    On a Nvidia 8200 system an app like this is not gonna solve anything, cause when a 8200 system loses hdmi sync (receives no edid data) it switch to analog output. A edid resync via hdmion is not gonna switch on the hdmi connection on a 8200 system. Reboot or a reset of the 8200 is necessary.
    [/edit]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom