black glass the old style (1 Viewer)

g-member

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

i recently updates my htpc from winxp to win7 and updated mediaportal to the latest stable version.
I always used black glass skin for it's professional lay-out and userfriendly interface but.......

This new version has al new kinds of "improvements" but i really liked the old style.
I mean the one with a standard menu in the center in homescreen instead of thumbnails in this version.
There are several function wich i don't use like moving pictures, tv, etc but i can't exclude them from the thumbnails.

Is there a way to get the old version in the new mediaportal???

sorry for my bad english, i'm so dutch :sorry:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: black glass the old style

Hello,

i recently updates my htpc from winxp to win7 and updated mediaportal to the latest stable version.
    I always used black glass skin for it's professional lay-out and userfriendly interface but.......

This new version has al new kinds of "improvements" but i really liked the old style.
    I mean the one with a standard menu in the center in homescreen instead of thumbnails in this version.
    There are several function wich i don't use like moving pictures, tv, etc but i can't exclude them from the thumbnails.

Is there a way to get the old version in the new mediaportal???

sorry for my bad english, i'm so dutch :sorry:

Hi, I think you're talking about two things:

1.) Change default view to "myhone" instead of "basichome" (in configuration.exe)

2.) To get the older "clear basic look" (I use this also) you have to delete all "hover_*" in Media folder plus replace the "MyHome*.xml"s with older versions. I have attached some that I use.

When Using the MyHome View, you control what plugins are visible via enabling or disabling them in the configuration.
    I use those files plus everything else from latest SVN and it seems to work fine ...

Attachments

• myHome.xml
      5.3 KB
    • myHome_Fanart_Scraper.xml
      782 bytes
    • myHomePlugIns.xml
      5.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom