Black Screen after Hibernation, MP still working (1 Viewer)

fera

Portal Pro
October 13, 2005
Hello,

after awaking mp from hibernation i get a blackscreen. MP still works but theres no picture. (i hear the "Clicking" when i move with the remote, when i hit the television button i get a television picture but without all the mp parts and without fullscreen)

Standby doesnt work with my pc. (fans keep moving)

I hope you guys can help me!

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4 (2006-08-11)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 1900+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: K7VT4A+
TV Card Model: Hauppauge Nova-T-
TV Card Type: DVB-T -
TV Card Driver: From MP Homepage -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 91.XX -
Video Card Resolution: 800×600
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
[

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Standby doesnt work with my pc. (fans keep moving)

Use hibernate instead. to enable, right click on desktop, select properties/screensaver/power/hibernate tab and enable.

More reliable than standby, not as quick thou.

Reread thread you are using hibernate, **** long day

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The problem isn't with windows built in power management.

It's with the power management plugin that is enabled per default in MP.

I was pullin' my hair out trying to figure out why my machine died like it did and wouldn't turn the picture back on after hibernating.. and even why it _did_ hibernate after I disabled everything all the way down to the BIOS.

Realizing it didn't die when MP wasn't running I quickly found the culprit ;-)

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    That's an old problem with MediaPortal which never really could be solved. Try the forum search, you'll find many people with the same issue. I don't know if it's DirectX or .NET or Windows or just MediaPortal related, but I do know that the only solution for me was to restart MediaPortal after the wakeup from hibernation. My system does this automatically - there's a great little freeware tool called StartOnWake, it can detect a system wakeup and execute a command (like starting a batch file which kills and restarts the MediaPortal process).

- Waltz

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Maybe we should ask why MP's own power-management is enabled per default when there's no way of changing the settings inside MP.
    This means it is not transparent that it is enabled. And as windows has its own power management features I don't see why it should even be there?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    there are a lot of settings in the config to try and resolve this. The thing is that it only affects some set ups.
    In Config/General and in the PowerScheduler plugin there are things to try. It's basically a matter of trying all combinations.

If you find that MP has the prolem and it works fine with Windows Power Management then there is the option of using PowerScheduler and choosing "Windows Inbuilt" for the power method.

fera

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2005
    Well, i m looking forward to the next release.

So i should disable the plugin in mp? But if i do that mp wont hibernate it self after a recording. Right?

Update: The TV works fine. Its just that i dont see anything of mp. If i get lucky and "hit" the television button i get a tv picture... but only the tv picture and nothing else.

Update 2: I enabled the option "forced shutdown" in the plugin which really improved it but doesnt work allways. Out of 4 trys it once didnt work.

What other options are there?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Maybe we should ask why MP's own power-management is enabled per default
    PowerScheduler is disabled by default.

You need the Powerscheduler Plugin to automatically hibernate your HTPC if your system is in IDLE and to wake the PC up for a scheduled recording.

I am maintaining more than 10 HTPCs, everyone of them uses the PowerScheduler. Absolutely no issues!

Once again.
    ATTACH LOGS

without logs we can not do anything, because we do not know what is going on on your system.
    the logs are the only way to get an idea why you are encountering issues.

To everyone: Provide us with logs, so we can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom