Black screen when moving cursor! (1 Viewer)

donpasscal

March 24, 2008
My setup

- MediaPortal_1.0_RC4
- windows vista ultimate (fully patched up)
- no tv plugins
- moving-pictures-0.6.2
- mpchc_x86_v1.2.908.0_MPCVideoDec
- I have attached some logs for your preview

My Problem.

I cannot navigate the screen below to select movies or any other option. Everytime i move the cursor, the screen goes blank as show below.

This is what my screen looks like when i open MP. As soon as i move my cursor the screen turns to black as shown below. Please help me what am i doing wrong.

I followed the write up by dmaster on this link to the tee.

MediaPortal Install Guide - AVS Forum

Attachments

• First screen shot when MP loads.doc
    30.7 KB

Golitzbt

December 15, 2008
I am having the same issue. Followed the same guide, and have yet to find a solution. I am using a Gyration Media Center remote and am experiencing the black screen upon moving the cursor. I am however able to navigate using the Gyration keyboard, but I would like to hear some responses as well to the black screen issue when using a remote.

Thanks.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hey donpascal, by looking at your screenshot you are not using monochrome, but streamedMP.
There may be a problem with the guide and the latest release, but that's just a wild guess. Try to install on a clean system, without following the guide and see if the problem is reproducible with B3wide or B3. You may not be able to play a movie without the correct codecs, but from your post, you don't even get there now either.

donpasscal

March 24, 2008
hey donpascal, by looking at your screenshot you are not using monochrome, but streamedMP.
There may be a problem with the guide and the latest release, but that's just a wild guess. Try to install on a clean system, without following the guide and see if the problem is reproducible with B3wide or B3. You may not be able to play a movie without the correct codecs, but from your post, you don't even get there now either.

Thanks for your input. I am really tring to use StreamMP...just love it.

I have gone through 4 fresh installs with the same 'problem!' if thats what it is. Let me ask you a question.

1. Could you please walk me through how you you open/display movies on MP using Moving pictures plugin

This is what i found out last night following my 5th install on my laptop...to get to the movies:

Media Portal -> Scrolll/select plugins -> select moving pictures -> then my movies are displayed correctly.

( I thought you could list/display your movie list directly for the initial screen for Moving Pictures...i might be wrong and if that the case then thats what i was doing wrong.)

But then the nagging problem persists, everytime i move my mouse the options disappear and i am left with a black screen....i get the options displayed when i move my cursor to the top left hand corner with Moving pictures running...thats is with 'Start with basic home screen;' option enabled in the General Config....is that how its suppose to work.

BUT if i disable this option (Options Disabled:
Start with basic home screen; )
in Media Portal General configuration i get a split screen picture display for that option or any other option selected select ( see attachement) but i am able to move my mouse around and make a selection from the options menu and everything works fine ...just that the display is wrong.

One last request...If you are using Moving Pictures could please show me what your General Configuration looks like in Media Portal... so that i can compare it to mine......anybody please!!

Help please if you can.

Attachments

• Attachement2.pdf
    30.6 KB

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'll move this to the StreamedMP-section. I'm sorry to say that StreamedMP (and other skins, like Aeon) is not "mouse-friendly".

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I have gone through 4 fresh installs with the same 'problem!' if thats what it is. Let me ask you a question.

1. Could you please walk me through how you you open/display movies on MP using Moving pictures plugin

This is what i found out last night following my 5th install on my laptop...to get to the movies:

Media Portal -> Scrolll/select plugins -> select moving pictures -> then my movies are displayed correctly.

( I thought you could list/display your movie list directly for the initial screen for Moving Pictures...i might be wrong and if that the case then thats what i was doing wrong.)

But then the nagging problem persists, everytime i move my mouse the options disappear and i am left with a black screen....i get the options displayed when i move my cursor to the top left hand corner with Moving pictures running...thats is with 'Start with basic home screen;' option enabled in the General Config....is that how its suppose to work.

in Media Portal General configuration i get a split screen picture display for that option or any other option selected select ( see attachement) but i am able to move my mouse around and make a selection from the options menu and everything works fine ...just that the display is wrong.

One last request...If you are using Moving Pictures could please show me what your General Configuration looks like in Media Portal... so that i can compare it to mine......anybody please!!

Help please if you can.
    Not to offend you, but you may need to read up on both mediaportal and streamedMP. Looks like you haven't.
    There are 2 home screens (toggle them using the H on your keyboard, assuming you have 1 connected).
    1 is basichome, 2 is myhome. streamedMP has different layouts defined for them, well explained in their own hot skin subforum (StreamedMP - MediaPortal Forum)
    Furthermore, check the issue with the included Blue3 (or Blue3wide) to see if anything happens the same way. It may just be a skin issue... From what you write, I'm not quite sure what it is that you mean.
    Moving Pictures is a plugin that needs to be activated from within MediaPortal: you have to select the plugin to take it to its own graphical user interface. As does My Movies, My Tv, My Music. No different approach here.
    Lastly, read up on the MediaPortal Manual (here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/manual/MediaPortal_Manual_Index or here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/manual/FrequentlyAskedQuestions or even here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/manual/UserGuides) about the configuration screen for all its options, no need to copy from anyone as there are plenty of personalized items in there.

[EDIT:] https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/basichome-black-screen-problem-50438/#post344823 and there you go ;-)

donpasscal

March 24, 2008

But then the nagging problem persists, everytime i move my mouse the options disappear and i am left with a black screen....i get the options displayed when i move my cursor to the top left hand corner with Moving pictures running...thats is with 'Start with basic home screen;' option enabled in the General Config....is that how its
    suppose to work.

Help please if you can.
    Not to offend you, but you may need to read up on both mediaportal and streamedMP. Looks like you haven't.
    There are 2 home screens (toggle them using the H on your keyboard, assuming you have 1 connected).
    1 is basichome, 2 is myhome. streamedMP has different layouts defined for them, well explained in their own hot skin subforum (StreamedMP - MediaPortal Forum)
    Furthermore, check the issue with the included Blue3 (or Blue3wide) to see if anything happens the same way. It may just be a skin issue... From what you write, I'm not quite sure what it is that you mean.
    Moving Pictures is a plugin that needs to be activated from within MediaPortal: you have to select the plugin to take it to its own graphical user interface. As does My Movies, My Tv, My Music. No different approach here.
    Lastly, read up on the MediaPortal Manual (here: MediaPortal_Manual_Index - MediaPortal Manual Documentation or here: FrequentlyAskedQuestions - MediaPortal Manual Documentation or even here: UserGuides - MediaPortal Manual Documentation) about the configuration screen for all its options, no need to copy from anyone as there are plenty of personalized items in there.

[EDIT:] https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/basichome-black-screen-problem-50438/#post344823 and there you go ;-)

Thank you for pointing out my errors.

All is good now but i did not have to read the manuals again...a good friend just like you pointed me the right direction. FRESH BASIC INSTALL OF EVERYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom