Black & White 1080 v1.3 (1 Viewer)

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Black & White 1080 v1.3

Black & White 1080 is a black & white themed skin for your full HD 1080 display.

Basichome.jpgMoving%20Pictures%20-%20Details.jpgMoving%20Pictures%20-%20List.jpgMusic%20-%20List.jpg
Music%20-%20Now%20playing.jpgTV%20-%20Home.jpgTV%20Series%20-%20Cover.jpgTV%20Series%20-%20Episodes.jpg
TV%20Series%20-%20Seasons.jpgTV%20Series%20-%20Shows.jpgVideos%20-%20List.jpgWeather.jpg

Download

MediaPortal Repository

Requirements

MediaPortal v1.1.0 Beta

Change log

Major changes

Detailed Google Code

Known defects due to MediaPortal or Plug-in issues

Installation

1: Delete the old "Black & White 1080" skin folder (Remember to take a backup of you backdrops, fanart and other customized files!)
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Black & White 1080

2: Deleted all files and folders in your cache folder
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache

3: Copy "Black & White 1080" to the skin folder
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin

Directories might differ from your OS and language.

Configuration

Customize Basichome

Add your own backdrops/fan art

Plug-ins

Supported plug-ins

When installing new plug-ins it is important that you don't overwrite any of the skin files.

The skin package contains XML files for all supported plug-ins.

MPIs: Deselect Black & White 1080 in the skin window.
Others: Disregard any instruction telling you to copy files to the “C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080” folder.

Generic skin files will most likely not work since they’re usually made for other resolutions than 1920x1080 which is the “Black & White 1080”s native resolution.

Modifications

List of included modifications

Instructions on how to use/install modifications

Comments

This skin is made with a 1920x1080 resolution. Rescaling is to other resolution might distort it.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Big thanks for new version of skin. I've noticed following thingies:
    -in showtimes plugin filmstrip view shows no movies at all
    -following modifications are not more included: Basichome - 2 rows, Basichome - 3D logo, Basichome - Drive Free Space Plugin - Progressbars, Basichome - Drive Free Space Plugin - No progressbars, Basichome - Drive Free Space Plugin and 2 rows - Progressbars and Basichome - Drive Free Space Plugin and 2 rows - No progressbars
    -supported version of InfoService is 0.9, current version is 1.32

One more time thanks for this awesome skin.

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    "In showtimes plugin filmstrip view shows no movies at all"
    Might be that the skin files aren’t updated to the latest version. Plugin version: 2.4.1 latest confirmed working version of skin file: 2.3.8

"following modifications are not more included"
    I'm sorry but I totally forgot at this. The modifications are included in the main skin and are controlled by the file SkinSettings.xml. Have a look at it; it should be pretty straight forward. I'll make a guide for it as soon as I get time. This file is only a temporary solution on this version. The next version will have all/most settings included in references.xml due to new functionality in MediaPortal.

"supported version of InfoService is 0.9, current version is 1.32"
    At the moment I don't have time to maintain the skin as I would like to, there are too many plugins/versions to keep track of. My main focus will be to keep the skin updated with MediaPortal and the plugins in the the "popular plugins" section. If someone wants to step up and help out; send me a PM.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm sorry but I totally forgot at this. The modifications are included in the main skin and are controlled by the file SkinSettings.xml. Have a look at it; it should be pretty straight forward. I'll make a guide for it as soon as I get time. This file is only a temporary solution on this version. The next version will have all/most settings included in references.xml due to new functionality in MediaPortal.

I haven't yet tried it but looks quite simple.

At the moment I don't have time to maintain the skin as I would like to, there are too many plugins/versions to keep track of. My main focus will be to keep the skin updated with MediaPortal and the plugins in the the "popular plugins" section. If someone wants to step up and help out; send me a PM.

Completely understand your point.

Kal

December 6, 2009
    basic home screen

Hi Great skin for 1080p screens but have a slight issuse that i hope you can help me with,when mediaprotal loads up and im at the black&white basic home screen when i try to select any icon to view or play musicby mce2005 remote i have no cursor but when i move the mouse the cursor appears and everythink is ok ,But i cant keep walking over to the mouse each time thats why i have the remote for armchair operations

kindregards
    kevin

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It’s a known issue with this release. It’s fixed in the next release. In the mean time you can use this fixpack (includes all modifications from 1.3 – 1.4 at this point):

View attachment svn.rar

matjaz007

January 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    hello all...

this skin is really a good one... I only have a question regarding My playlists... If I'm not mistaken, my Videos with default skin, has an option to put together a playlist, but in Black &White 1080 skin, I cant find it anywhere... is it totally disabled or I'm just bad at finding it ;)

would really appreciate if someone could tell me if there is a possibility to use playlists in the MY VIDEO section with this skin...

regards

matjaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom