Not open for further replies.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

this skin is based on the latest version of Blue3Wide but uses some of the graphics and animations from the once hot (but now dead :( ) Foofaraw skin.

My aim in putting it together was to develop a professional looking skin that does MediaPortal justice. Of course everyone has a different idea of what a "professional looking skin" should look like - this is just my interpretation and it's given me the look I wanted - looks great on my 50" plasma :)

As well as the graphics it's the logo animations adapted from the Foofaraw skin that make this skin what it is. It's made for MP 1.0.0 and runs just as quick as Blue3Wide does on my system.

Download the latest version from here: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - BleazleWide V6.1.2

NOTE: mymusicplaylist.xml and TVSeries.FanArt.xml were missing from V6.1.0. Apart from that V6.1.2 is no different so if you've already downloaded 6.1.0 you can download these 2 files from the bottom of this post.

This post is kept up to date with current screenshots + plugin support info (scroll past the pics). NOTE: If you install any of the supported Plugins AFTER you install this skin DON'T select the "BleazleWide" skin if you're given the option during installation because this will overwrite the included file. See the included README file for more details...

I'm not a "skinner" - I had no idea what I was doing when I started working on this so I've got to say a big thanks to Harley for the Blue3 skins and the team who put the Foofaraw skin together (wherever they are!). I've also drawn some inspiration (and a couple of graphics) from the Monochrome skin MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Monochrome 2.4 too. All of these guys really know what they're doing!! :D

I hate it when skins don't have previews so here are a stack for you to look at! All of the logos at the top left fade/slide-in ala Foofaraw. Screenshots are up to date.

Comments etc. on Version 6.1.2 will start from this page on this thread (saves you reading through out of date stuff):https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/bleazle-skin-49456/index33.html#post378991

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture313-16-02-2009-7-56-53-m.jpg

Basic Home

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture234-copy-27-01-2009-8-02-39-m.jpg

Home Screen, Music Selected

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture243-copy-27-01-2009-8-10-04-m.jpg

TV Guide - TV Playing

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture236-copy-27-01-2009-8-04-50-m.jpg

Music - With a CD Playing

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture249-copy-mymusic-list.jpg

MyMusic - Fanart option

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture312-nowplaying.jpg

Music - Now playing..

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture245-copy-27-01-2009-8-11-57-m.jpg

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture321-pics.jpg

Pictures - Slide in menu, music playing

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture314-16-02-2009-7-57-32-m.jpg

MyVideos, Shares view, no FanArt

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture251-copy-myvideos-list.jpg

MyVideos, Shares view, FanArt option selected

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture248-copy-27-01-2009-8-16-51-m.jpg

Global Search Plugin - Track Details

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture315-16-02-2009-7-58-08-m.jpg

MyVideos, shares, filmstrip

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture250-copy-myvideos-filmstrip.jpg

MyVideos, shares, filmstrip - Fanart option

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture246-copy-27-01-2009-8-14-48-m.jpg

MyFilms plugin

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture233-copy-27-01-2009-4-55-42-p-m.jpg

MyFilms plugin - details screen

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture318-16-02-2009-8-02-20-m.jpg

MovingPictures plugin, list view

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture320-16-02-2009-8-03-08-m.jpg

MovingPictures plugin, filmstrip view

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture316-16-02-2009-7-58-56-m.jpg

TV Series plugin - Series info with fanart turned on (this is the default view)

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture252-copy-series-filmstrip.jpg

TV Series - Series info, filmstrip view (also supports widebanner view with 15 Banners)

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture317-16-02-2009-7-59-25-m.jpg

TV Series - Episode info

bleazle-albums-jan-26th-release-v6-picture311-system-info.jpg

MP dashboard (system info) + Drive Free Space - looks like I need some more RAM!

Plugin Support Info (for Version 6.1.0)

These plugins are currently supported as noted. If you use any other Plugins you should be OK as long as Blue3Wide supports them, just read the README file included with the skin....

- ForTheRecord
- Mp TVSeries V 2.1.3321 Make sure you are running this version
- Moving Pictures V 0.7.0 As above
- MP dashboard (system info) + Drive Free Space (.dll files included)
- Radiotimes
- Global Search
- MyFilms v4.8.0
- Last.FM/Audio Scrobbler
- Wikipedia
- Mastermind
- Tetris
- Sudoku
- My Alarm
- My Burner
- RSS News Feed
- Video Editor
- MyHexxagon (you need the latest version - get it from here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/my-hexxagon-52771/)

Using the skin in RC3 or RC4?

The "outdated" message will be because the version number is wrong. You can either keep ignoring it or open the "references.xml" file in the skins->BleazleWide folder and put the following reference numbers in this line:
For RC4 <version>0.9.4.0</version>
For RC3 <version>0.9.3.0</version>

Release History, just in case anyone actually reads this stuff..:

16 Feb 09 V6.1.0~V6.1.2
Support added for ForTheRecord
Updated support for TVSeries V 2.1.3321
Updated support Moving Pictures V 0.7.0
+ A couple of bug fixes and tweaks which were asked for. Also added some basic end User customisation options.

26 Jan 09 - BleazleWide (Bleazle V6)
Major overhaul - previous version was based on Blue3 - this version is based on Blue3Wide. Also spent a lot of time working on button graphics/osd graphics etc etc to improve the integration of the skin. Did lots of little tweaks which no-one will ever notice :rolleyes: :D making sure CD cases were in the right place etc
15 Dec 08 - Version 5a
- Major overhaul of MP TVSeries support! :D
- Remembered to include the XML file needed by people who don't use TVServer which I missed yesterday :oops:
14 Dec 08 - Version 5
Added support for:
MP TVSeries
Last.FM/Audio Scrobbler
Wikipedia
Mastermind
Tetris
Sudoku
Changed the colours in the TV Guide colour
General tidying up - things like reducing the size of some of the logo title images (eg. Television & Music) which I decided were too big + removing the last remnants of Blue3. Note: Unsuported plugins ("My Burner" etc will still cause Mepo to jump out at you!)
05 Dec 08
A bit of beautification work done :)
- "Flipped" the CD cover/CD layout in the "Music - now playing screen" + added reflection to the CD
- Global Search Plugin; Added a CD cover + reflection on the "music details" screen (see above screenshot)
- TV Guide changed from blue to grey (with the option of changing it to blue if you want to - see the README file in the download).
- Erroneous blue text changed to white or light grey (unselected text in the home screen)
02 Dec 08 (pm)
Version number sorted out and a couple of graphics that I'd missed when making the change from RC3 to RC4 added.
02 Dec 08 (am)
Released (again)with a few changes but with a version number that made the "out of date" message appear :oops:
01 Dec 08. First Release.
I put this together based on the RC3 version of Blue 3. When I changed it to the RC4 version I missed a few graphics and a couple of files hence the following "re-releases"

Bugs...
Since this skin is based on Blue3Wide it will have exactly the same issues as Blue3Wide might have - there shouldn't be anything different because all I've done (to over simplify the process!) is add a few graphics and some logo animations.

That's it, enjoy!

Bleazle

Attachments

• mymusicplaylist.xml
    30.6 KB
  • TVSeries.FanArt.xml
    30.6 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It takes a while for the downloads page in the skin section to be updated so it's quicker for me to upload the latest version to Rapidshare. I put this skin together using the RC3 release of Blue 3 and when I changed to the RC4 release I missed a few graphics and a couple of files :oops: so I've added them again and on my system it's all good.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
well done on bringing this skin back from the dead, its really starting to take shape now. hopefully someone will be able to give it a bit of support with other plugins (myfilms, mytvseries etc), as currently theyre not really working properly.
by the way, i hope you dont mind but i changed the movies icon on my system from your spiderman one to one that i dragged out of an older skin...

16691.jpg

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
well done on bringing this skin back from the dead, its really starting to take shape now. hopefully someone will be able to give it a bit of support with other plugins (myfilms, mytvseries etc), as currently theyre not really working properly.
by the way, i hope you dont mind but i changed the movies icon on my system from your spiderman one to one that i dragged out of an older skin...

Thanks for that - I can see from your screenshot that you need to get the latest version because the MP logo/text isn't "spotlighted" like it should be. After you've done that can you let me know if the highlighting issue you had under Live TV is sorted?

I like the Films icon. If you could post it here in PNG format or if it's included in another skin just tell me which skin to download - that would be great. It goes with the look I'm going for much better than the Spiderman cover I came up with :)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Yeah i need to get the latest version, ill try it later on.

i cant really fully test the tv plugin for the highlighting problem as im only using the skin on test with my work PC so i dont have a tv card installed, but heres a screenshot of what i mean about the issue...

16695.jpg

notice how the homescreen icons seem to be slightly displayed in the bottom right hand corner and the layout of the buttons (recorded tv, tv on, tv guide etc) in the main tv screen is completely different to your screenshots. maybe this is sorted in your latest version though as i havent downloaded it and tried it yet.

as for the Films icon file, im not sure how you attach files to threads in this forum, but heres a full insert of the image, so just open it and save it as needed...

16694.png

thanks again for the efforts, keep it up :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Great, got the image, thanks for that.

The problem with your Live TV screen is that I haven't updated it. Since you don't have tuner cards/TV Server installed MP is using "mytvhome.XML" but when you have TV Server installed it uses "mytvhomeServer.XML" which is the file that I've updated (because I use TV Server). That's why what you're seeing looks like a chopped up version of the old Foofaraw TV home.

As far as I know I can't test the page you can see (because I have TV Server installed) but I'll have a play with the mytvhome.XML file and attach it for you to test if you like. Might not be for a couple of days though because I should try to get some work done this week at some stage! :D

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
ah right, yeah thatll be why then :rolleyes:! i didnt bother with tv engine as i have just a standalone htpc at home so dont need to run anything other than the built in engine.

yeah sling me the mytvhome.xml file whenever you get the chance and ill have a play around, no rush though, i guess id better get some work done as well :D

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a problem with hosting the skin files on a server other than on the team-mediaportal. That is a lack of tracking. How does the team know if the skin is a "hot" skin or even if it should not be considered "dead"?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    There is a problem with hosting the skin files on a server other than on the team-mediaportal. That is a lack of tracking. How does the team know if the skin is a "hot" skin or even if it should not be considered "dead"?

i thought bleazle had uploaded the skin and files to the community?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

i thought bleazle had uploaded the skin and files to the community?

I'm sorry, but I read the following:
    It takes a while for the downloads page in the skin section to be updated so it's quicker for me to upload the latest version to Rapidshare.

That was what I was basing my statement from. You are right, he does have it here for people to download it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom