Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (1 Viewer)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi, here go again with a new beginning... :D

Version 0.9

the tool is created with autohotkeys from AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText.

How to install it?

...easy

ATTENTION:
    PowerDVD and MediaPortal must be installed in the path %PROGRAM FILES%\Team MediaPortal\ and %PROGRAM FILES%\Cyberlink

Otherwise should the Script (HD_Starter_autohotkey_source.rar) changed and new compiled!

1. Copy the files HD Starter.dll and HD_Starter.exe in the MediaPortal plugins\Windows directory
    2. Execute the DLLFix in the plugins\Windows directory
    3. Copy the MediaPortal Skin Image in the desired Skin\Media folder
    4. Open the MP Config and choose the HD Starter plugin (its a MultiShortCurt plugin), select the desired icon and the HD_Starter.exe path
    5. Enter the needed settings like in the Screenshot
    6. Copy if needed the PowerDVD Skin file in the PowerDVD installation folder %PROGRAM FILES%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\Skin
    7. Select in PDVD Config the new Skin
    8. You can now use the HD Player :D

notice:
    the switch to 24p mode is done by CTRL+SHIFT+4 back to 50hz mode is CTRL+SHIFT+5!
    You should define this profiles in you ATI Catalyst Manager, for NVidia i dont know how to do that

GERMAN / DEUTSCH

Das Tool ist mit autohotkeys von AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText erstellt worden.

Wie installieren?

...leicht

ACHTUNG:
    PowerDVD und MediaPortal müssen in den Pfaden %PROGRAMME%\Team MediaPortal\ and %PROGRAMME%\Cyberlink installiert sein

Ansonsten muss das Skript (HD_Starter_autohotkey_source.rar) geändert (Pfade) und neu compiliert werden!

1. Die Dateien HD Starter.dll und HD_Starter.exe in das MediaPortal Verzeichnis plugins\Windows kopieren
    2. Die DLLFix im MediaPortal Verzeichnis plugins\Windows ausführen
    3. Die Skin Image Bilder in das benutzte Skin\Media Verzeichnis kopieren
    4. MP Config öffnen und das HD Starter plugin auswählen (ist das MultiShortCurt plugin), gewünschtes Icon und den Pfad zur HD_Starter.exe
    5. Weitere Einstellungen wie im Screenshot einstellen
    6. Falls gewünscht den PowerDVD Skin in den Ordner %PROGRAMME%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\Skin kopieren
    7. In der PDVD Config den gewünschten Skin auswählen
    8. Der HD Player kann jetzt benutzt werden :D

Hinweis:
    Die Umschaltung der Grafikkarte in den 24p Modus wird durch die Tastenkombination CTRL+SHIFT+4 gemacht der 50hz Modus ist mit CTRL+SHIFT+5 geregelt!

Hierzu muss im ATI Catalyst Manager 2 Profile eingerichtet werden damit dies Wirkung zeigt, für NVidia...keine Ahnung wie das dort geht.

thx
    MoPhat

More Contents:
    Blue3Wide Icons > https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/blue3-skin-feedback-293/blue3-skin-fuer-powerdvd-66003/ from ELba

41547d1244216945-blue3-skin-fuer-powerdvd-powerdvd-blue3-skin.png

Attachments

• 01 - Files.png
      01 - Files.png
      93.8 KB
    • 02 - Plugin setting.png
      02 - Plugin setting.png
      63.4 KB
    • 03 - PowerDVD-Skin.png
      03 - PowerDVD-Skin.png
      70.8 KB
    • 04 - PDVD Skin select.png
      04 - PDVD Skin select.png
      91.6 KB
    • 05 - MP.png
      05 - MP.png
      227.7 KB
    • 06 - PDVD.png
      06 - PDVD.png
      314.1 KB
    • HD Starter - multishortcut plugin.rar
      30.7 KB
    • HD_Starter_autohotkey_source.rar
      30.7 KB
    • HD_Starter_exe.rar
      30.6 KB
    • PDVD Skin - Blu-Ray.rar
      30.6 KB
    • PDVD Skin - HDDVD.rar
      30.6 KB
    • Skin Images.rar
      30.6 KB
    • DLLFix.rar
      30.6 KB

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I dont know how PDVD is handled the HD-DVD and the Blu-Ray disks, bevause i have none of theme for the moment... :p

Im thinking i will buy a blueray player on next year :D

But the handling is just what PDVD is doing => PDVD is only direkt in MP accessible.

I have now a new prob, => with vista is PDVD not starting inside the app, its starting as standalone app :(

i'm looking forward and there will be a test - download for testing purpose wheres have a HD player.

MoPhat

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    Looks cool!
    I'll be following your progress closely. Keep up the good work! And let us know once you've got something ready for testing!

2. How to start PowerDVD automaticly in Fullscreen mode withou pressing everytime the Z button
    => Anyone a hint for me how to do this?
    Just a stupid idea. Couldn't the option "always start in fullscreen" from the power dvd configuration help here?

I know its early but i have a feature request. I would really like to be able to choose which bd/hd/dvd drive to start from as i intend to buy both a blu-ray and a hddvd drive. So it would be nice to have the option to choose which drive the movie is in directly from within media portal.

/Peter

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have the option "always start in fullscreen" not found in my german version :confused:

Can you post a screenshot where is it?

the only switch that i know is, that i can supply the path of a file like .ts or .mp to start automaticly...
    maybe is possible to give as path the drive witch has the BR/HDDVD inside = D: or E:.

i can only thest this with a normal DVD :sorry:

greetz
    MoPhat

R300

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    2. How to start PowerDVD automaticly in Fullscreen mode withou pressing everytime the Z button
    => Anyone a hint for me how to do this?

The easiest way to do this is to make a shortcut and edit the properties.....under the run pulldown select "Maximized" . PDVD will then always open in fullscreen. This will work 100% of the time under XP not sure about Vista as I do not have it.

I just received my LG combo BD\HDDVD drive this morning so if need be, I can do testing....as my main goal is the same as yours....to have bd\hddvd from MP.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom