Blue 3 Wide - Finally good font size (1 Viewer)

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm very happy you have chosen quite big fonts in Blue 3 Wide skin. In the past I always had to replace some skin files to have an adequate readability, now I can use the skin "out of the box".

:D :D :D

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed RC4, and since Blue2Wide is no longer included, I've been trying to get used to Blue3Wide, but my main complaint is that the default fonts are too big! I realize you can't please everyone, so I wish it was possible to have a user selectable default font size. I've manually modified some skin files to reduce the font size.....

darco

August 4, 2008
    I'm with samundsen on this one, the fonts seem too big. I think it doesn't help that some GUI elements overlap because of it. For example on the TV guide screen, the day selector arrows in the top left corner area (see attached image).

The TV programming text on this screen also seem too low in their boxes. Looks like they should be a few pixels higher. Characters that have descent (i.e. g, p, q) render their descent portion outside of the box (see attached image).

Attachments

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      18.7 KB
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      2.7 KB

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I also think fonts are a bit too big in 1080 ( not tried in 720 ) on B3Wide ( Size is good using B3 on wide screen )

The global impression on channel list or guide is a bit "heavy" ;)

Attachments

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      134.3 KB
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      176.9 KB

jernis

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Viewing the EPG At 720p The fonts ar (in my opinion) to large, im reducing the font size by 2 on my skin to make it easier to view.
    regards / Jernis.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm with samundsen on this one, the fonts seem too big. I think it doesn't help that some GUI elements overlap because of it. For example on the TV guide screen, the day selector arrows in the top left corner area (see attached image).

The TV programming text on this screen also seem too low in their boxes. Looks like they should be a few pixels higher. Characters that have descent (i.e. g, p, q) render their descent portion outside of the box (see attached image).

It seems that you use wrong resolution there, the skin Blue3wide is only to be used for 163:9 720p 1208*720 or 1080p and the Blue3 only for 4:3 720*576

If you use the Blue3wide with right resolution and aspectratio it looks so:

28345d1225493989-blue3-wide-current-version-01-11-2008-epg.png

..all ok.

Greetings Harley

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, fonts are made too big in my opinion.
    I saw in fonts.xml (or something like this) that a lot of fontsizes were increased compared to B2. I manually decreased them down to a good size for my 42" tv. This was in my case sometimes even smaller that B2!
    But I can imagine that people with a small tv like the bigger size.

I also wondered why the fontsize of the buttons in tvhome were of a different size than in the epg.
    The epg gets too in your face with these large fonts. So I manually made the fontsize of all the buttons in MP (accept on homescreen) and the EPG the same size. Now on my tv it looks more homogeneous/more quiet/relaxing (don't know how to say this in english :) ) and all screens look more the same in my opinion.

The ability to choose fontsize in the settings, ie depending on screensize, would be an ultimate solution offcourse!

@ Harley

I have set my videocard to 1080p@50hz for my 16:9 1080p 42" plasma.
    Why would this be wrong for this skin??
    Could you put the correct picture online for how it should look, the link doesn't work right now...

darco

August 4, 2008

It seems that you use wrong resolution there, the skin Blue3wide is only to be used for 163:9 720p 1208*720 or 1080p and the Blue3 only for 4:3 720*576

If you use the Blue3wide with right resolution and aspectratio it looks so:

28345d1225493989-blue3-wide-current-version-01-11-2008-epg.png

..all ok.

Greetings Harley

Good catch. My resolution was set to 1280x768. I changed it to 1280x720 and it looks perfect. Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am running 1280x720 with Blue3Wide. I eventually discovered fonts.xml as well, and have been reducing the size of most of the larger fonts down to something not quite as headache inducing as the default sizes. I have a 50" Plasma TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom