ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi :)

I have worked out some themes for MP2 Titanium, you can find them in this forum. Additionally I was supporting for coding in ApolloOne skin. Since I’m not a programmer and had no experience in xaml coding, only coding does not give me the chance to use my creativity in the extent I need! :unsure:

Therefore I decided to create a new skin for MP2, where I can realize all my ideas, that I miss in existing skins so far. I will still do the coding support for ApolloOne, but completely keep myself out of concept and design questions! Also I do not see a competition with ApolloOne, though some of below elements are similar! At first I was thinking to create a theme for ApolloOne, but some of my ideas are too different from base concept. I think that both skins will reach a certain group of interested people. The more consistent skins we have, the better. (y)

The new skin will be called BlueVision . Following features / ideas will be the core elements of BlueVision:
    • Lean and clean surface
    • Visual surfaces for videos (movies, series, other), audio, liveTV, weather, news, (After plugins are ready: games, mails, browser)
    • Switching between above categories by symbol oriented menu (please wait for first concept arts to understand better)
    • Pattern based design:
      • Menu area, selection area and content area always at the same position
      • Regardless of the view style one can see always the same content information
    I’m open for ideas and consider them as far as possible. People who have xaml coding experience are welcome to support :)

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Screenshots
    Menus:
    menu_video.jpg menu_audio.jpg Menu_tv.jpg Menu_news.jpg Menu_image.jpg home.jpg settings_menu.jpg
    In the top side a visual group menu is placed. Dependent on the selected group sub menu buttons are placed in the center area. The only exception is the home screen. The active screen name is always shown next to the power button to provide a better overview.

Movies:

Movies_listview.jpg movie_gridview.jpg movie_coverview.jpg
    Series:
    series_listview.jpg
    series_gridview.jpg series_coverview.jpg
    episode_listview.jpg episode_gridview.jpg Series_coverflow.jpg
    Series content information will be updated, when more meta data for series and saison information available.

Videos:
    video_listview.jpg video_gridview.jpg video_coverflow.jpg
    Audio:
    Audio_listview.jpg Audio_grid.jpg Audio_coverview.jpg
    Audio content information will be updated, when more meta data information available.

Plugins:
    new.jpg WebRadio
    OV.jpg OnlineVideos
    Wetter.jpg Weather

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Download (Updated v0.7 - 18.05.2015)
    GitHub Branch: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/FEAT_BlueVision_v5

Please extract the BlueVision_vx.x.7z to "..\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\"

If you used Bluevision before, please delete this file before installation: \ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml

Download Skin

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    The creation of the new main menu is still on hold, because current menu texts are localized and the structure has to be changed in order to link texts to symbols.
    For the vizualisation of media styles it is almost done. I will change some focus effects and then proceed with audio and image views.

Here some impressions (main menu taken so far from Apollo One):)

coverflow.jpg Grid.jpg Listview.jpg

Generally only watched videos are marked by a symbol.
    Exception Listview: For focussed items always the un-/watched icon is shown.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Which information shall be shown in the content area for audio and video? Which information can be scrapped and available for both?
    Based on infos from @Lehmden I currently considered following:

Audio:
    • Metadata
      • ALBUM
      • ALBUM ARTIST
      • ARTIST
      • TITLE
      • GENRE
      • YEAR
      • Star rating (Available? Otherwise it could be validated by operator and one show filter could be the rating)
    • Properties
      • DURATION
      • BITRATE
      • ENCODING
    Image:
    • Properties
      • WIDTH_0
      • HEIGHT_0
      • EQUIPMENTMAKE
      • EQUIPMENTMODEL
      • EXPOSUREBIAS
      • EXPOSURETIME
      • FLASHMODE
      • FNUMBER
      • ISOSPEEDRATING
      • ORIENTATION
      • METERINGMODE
      • LATITUDE
      • LONGITUDE
      • CITY
      • STATE
      • COUNTRY
    • Star rating ( Can be validated by operator and one show filter could be the rating)

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    WIDTH_0
    HEIGHT_0
    EQUIPMENTMAKE
    EQUIPMENTMODEL
    EXPOSUREBIAS
    EXPOSURETIME
    FLASHMODE
    FNUMBER
    ISOSPEEDRATING
    ORIENTATION
    METERINGMODE
    LATITUDE
    LONGITUDE
    CITY
    STATE
    COUNTRY
    Those informations are for pictures.
    The informations recently stored in our ML are those:

Video:
    DURATION
    AUDIOSTREAMCOUNT
    AUDIOENCODING
    AUDIOBITRATE
    VIDEOENCODING
    VIDEOBITRATE
    WIDTH
    HEIGHT
    ASPECTRATIO
    FPS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio:
    ENCODING
    BITRATE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WIDTH_0
    HEIGHT_0
    EQUIPMENTMAKE
    EQUIPMENTMODEL
    EXPOSUREBIAS
    EXPOSURETIME
    FLASHMODE
    FNUMBER
    ISOSPEEDRATING
    ORIENTATION
    METERINGMODE
    LATITUDE
    LONGITUDE
    CITY
    STATE
    COUNTRY

If you need help sorting this out, give me a call.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    ALBUMARTIST
    TRACK#
    Those are metadata, not properties of the media file. One audio file can have more than one track number and more than one AlbumArtist. E.g. a sampler has Album Artist "Various" and the track numbers normally don't match with the track number of the original album. But it can be exactly the same media file...

The above list I've posted is all and everything that recently is stored in our ML. I was fiddling a lot with the database structure lately during development of MP2-Edit. Also I even haven't started to touch the audio or pictures part, I have listed all that is available...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BTW...
    Star rating
    This also is Metadata and not a property of the media file...

This needs to be handled different as the media properties are depending on the media file itself but the metadata is depending on the "content" of the media file..

mp3 Stereo 128 Kbit, those are properties of the file and can be changed e.g. by replacing a mp3 by a flac file.

Album Artist or Track number are properties of the song that is stored in the media file and did not change if you replace a mp3 by a flac...

The above list is only for data of the first type that are depending on the file itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom