Blue3 Retro (2 Viewers)

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Blue3 and Blue3wide Retro skins,

Version 2.24

Now comes with a choice of background colours.

Version 2.26

Now incorporates support for the Moving Pictures Plug In with associated skin changes.
Also, changed the additional background colours, for better presentation.

Version 2.28

Added support for the Drive Free Space and Shoutcast Plug Ins.
Made changes to the Main and Filmstrip Overlays for better viewing in Moving Pictures.
Minor formatting of the Last.FM screen.

Finalised the additional background colours, now with a black colour, not too black, that comes up well on the Wide Screen Plasma.

Version 2.28.1

Added support for the Radio Time Plug In. Changed background colour, mytvguide, colour one.

Version 2.28.2

Completed colour co-ordination on various screens. Changed the context and dialog backgrounds for better appearance.

Version 2.28.3

Uploaded wrong folder, this is correct folder.

Version 2.28.4

Universal skin, suits MediaPortal 1.01, and also previous versions.

Updated to cater for added features, and for more efficient responses.
Improved mytvguide on Colour 02, for better readability.
Made adjustments to the Bar Graph, Drive Free Space, for greater accuracy.

For MediaPortal 1.01 and the Drive Free Space plug In, it is necessary to access "common.facade.recordingsdetails" not "mytvrecordedtv" XML document, to change the Hard Drive descriptions.

Version 2.28.6

Reduced the size of the additional colour Media Folders. They now only contain relevant files.

Version 2.28.8

Added a couple of supplementary backgrounds to Colour 02, Formula One Grand Prix and Moto GP. Other fine tuning changes included.

Version 2.28.82

Updated myradio and mytvguide XML's on Blue3 Retro. Updated mytvguide XML on Blue3wide Retro. Changed hover for My Extensions.

Version 2.28.821

Updated Playing_front.png and Playing_back.png images for Blue3wide Retro, all colours.

If you have installed an earlier version of the skin, please delete it first and be sure you have deleted the skincachefolder.

Delete the cache folder in;
ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Vista)
Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Windows XP)

These are hidden folders.

These are the download links,

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Blue3 Retro

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Blue3wide Retro

Attachments

• 22-36-01.PNG
    22-36-01.PNG
    416.4 KB
  • 22-32-13.PNG
    22-32-13.PNG
    801.2 KB
  • 22-28-47.jpg
    22-28-47.jpg
    153.4 KB
  • 22-28-28.jpg
    22-28-28.jpg
    265.1 KB
  • 22-27-41.PNG
    22-27-41.PNG
    710.2 KB
  • 22-24-29.PNG
    22-24-29.PNG
    378.4 KB
  • 22-23-37.PNG
    22-23-37.PNG
    811.7 KB
  • 22-22-36.PNG
    22-22-36.PNG
    819.6 KB
  • 22-21-16.PNG
    22-21-16.PNG
    845.6 KB
  • 22-20-42.PNG
    22-20-42.PNG
    577.3 KB
  • 20-26-58.PNG
    20-26-58.PNG
    965.8 KB
  • 20-10-54.PNG
    20-10-54.PNG
    910.1 KB
  • 20-13-04.jpg
    20-13-04.jpg
    88.8 KB

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    looks good mate. the "old" MePo icons are looking better than the new "colored"... *thumbs up *

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I switched from v0.2.3 last week and apart from the skin, I'm loving it.
    Even though I have some other bigger issues, I'm also looking for another skin and I like this one much more then the default Blue3.

Before, I was using footwo, a monochrome, black/'greyish" skin which I loved because I don't like those 'dinky-toys' kinda like colored things with a lot of extra's and icons.
    Is there a possibility to easily change the blue into another color?
    Until now, I have never looked into this matter and don't have a clue what needs to be done to make/adapt a skin.

I have some basic html knowledge, would that help me and does it take a lot of time?

The coming days, I will follow this thread and I'm hoping that you can get it to work flawlessly.
    THUMBS UP!

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country

I have replaced the Blue3 background PNG image with the Blue3wide background PNG image as it gives much better viewing results on my wide screen plasma.

It is darker, but more importantly, the components in the middle are not as as light, which makes the Blue3 background quite glary.

This is the download link, MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Blue3 Retro.

If you have installed an earlier version of the skin, please delete it first and be sure you have deleted the cachefolder.

Delete the cache folder in : ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Vista)
    Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Windows XP)

The actual viewing experience is quite different, I found the Blue3wide background colour to be superior on the Plasma. I was going to update the Blue3wide skin but I cannot see any real difference on my Wide Screen.

I will probably look at the font sizes in Blue3 Retro, because they could be changed for better readability.

Is there a possibility to easily change the blue into another color?
    Until now, I have never looked into this matter and don't have a clue what needs to be done to make/adapt a skin.

I have some basic html knowledge, would that help me and does it take a lot of time?

The coming days, I will follow this thread and I'm hoping that you can get it to work flawlessly.
    THUMBS UP!

Changing the background colour is quite easy. In the case above, I went into the Skins media file and copied the Blue3 wide background PNG image to the Blue3 Retro folder. Both background images are the same size 720x576. Quite often the Wide Screen images are something like 1366x768. If it hadn't been the same size I would have resized it using the GNU Image manipulation program.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, I just saw that your skin is already available as a download and of course I tried it immediately.
    It's looking good, even though there seem to be a minor problem in the tv guide.
    Have a look at my screenshot and notice the little 'dots' above some of the text.

Attachments

• blue3Retro.JPG
      blue3Retro.JPG
      115 KB

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    That is strange, the only thing I changed in the mytvguide XML Document, was to move the date and time to the top of the screen.

My screen is crystal clear, see attached.

Attachments

• 09-03-05.PNG
      09-03-05.PNG
      326.3 KB

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Apparantly, it's not like this all the time.
    At a certain point, after moving to another screen and switching back it disappears but coming from another skin, it's again like this.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Do you have the same problem with Blue3/Blue3wide. I have nearly thirty skins on my Office Computer, no problems going between skins and then straight to the Blue3 Retro TV Guide.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I only had the default skins installed (Blue Two Wide, Blue Two and Blue3) and just now I tried this Blue3 Retro.
    The problem only occurs with your Retro skin. :(

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Going more retro with the Home Screen, will load files tomorrow.

Possibly change Home Basic as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom