Blue3 Skinfiles For TV-Series (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nice!, is there an option to not have the list of shows listed at an angle? Also, sometimes the video info via mediainfo runs over the box underlay. Whereas the Res info fades out.

BobMysterios

Portal Member
    December 13, 2007
    Things are looking good for sure. I have some issues where if you click on a show and return the text for that show is overtop of the right hand column of shows. I'm going to tweak the TV Series config and see if can get rid of that. I'll followup if I find a fix.

Thanks for this very fast update - we all appreciate it.

:D

After viewing a show when I return to the menu I get this:

Notice the summary text from 30 Rock is shown on both sides of the screen, overlapping the videos. This text also scrolls.

My guess is - without knowing how the skinning really works - is that it could be leftover from the base skin this was created for and isn't needed - OR - should just be hidden.

Hope my screenshot helps.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same issue where if you view a show summary, then return to the main menu the text is overlaid like in BobMysterios's screenshot... is this an xml issue, or something that needs more work?

Thanks for the nice blue3 skin and the xml to at least get tv series working!

bob808

BobMysterios

Portal Member
    December 13, 2007
    I have created a rough translation of blue2 4x3 TVSeries that "works" but is in need of some love. I just replaced the old media names with new ones to update the package and tweaked a few things here and there.

I am no skin designer and don't have much talent with XML and YMMV with this, but it will suffice for me, for now, but I do want fancy fade-ins and animation.

Update
    I just noticed this thread is linked from some high up news releases about RC3. This hacked up .xml I made does not use all the fancy pants features of the new skin engine. It is, for lack of a better word, ghetto.

I think thats enough disclaimer for now.

Attachments

• TVSeries.xml
      30.6 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    MyTVSeries with this skin file : TVSeries skin for Blue 3
    gave this error:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIThumbnailPanel.Add(GUIL istItem item)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl.Add(GUILi stItem item)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.bgFacadeD one(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorker Completed(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperat ionCompleted(Object arg)

On a second run - I get the overlay error like BobMysterios

tranquil

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2008
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    the dll in this rar is not working well:

the log file says it wasn't compiled with an API key for tvdb.com so it won't download anything.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    gamejester is in Florida atm, if having trouble try using original TV-Series.dll supplied with the plugin.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you for a *very* neat skin - works perfectly on RC3 and have nice effects.

Users who are viewing this thread