Blue3wide is outdated?!? (1 Viewer)

bbathome

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I installed MP 1.0 some days ago - everything worked fine. Yesterday I deleted Blue3 because I always use a 16:9 display. I also installed "Black and white 1080" and "Blue3Retro".

Since yesterday evening I get this red warning window with "The currenntly selected skin is outdated".

I deleted the cache but no change. This warning is coming for all three installed skins.

Can anybody please help?

bb@home

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
have you searched the forum for that warning. many has posted it and many have replied on how to get rid of it.

if you change the references.xml file in the line <version>0.x.x.x</version> to <version>1.0.0.0</version>
you will get rid of the warning, thou its not 100% sure it still work flawless. good luck

but as far as i know blue3wide should be up to date since its comming with mp1.0

bbathome

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
have you searched the forum for that warning. many has posted it and many have replied on how to get rid of it.

if you change the references.xml file in the line <version>0.x.x.x</version> to <version>1.0.0.0</version>
you will get rid of the warning, thou its not 100% sure it still work flawless. good luck

but as far as i know blue3wide should be up to date since its comming with mp1.0

It already contains the 1.0.0.0

I did not change the skin at all - suddenly the warning came up for *all* skins.

B3 or B3W skins shouldn't be deleted.

But I did delete B3.

Why does this warning come up when the correct skin is present?

Where can I find the B3 skin-files for download? I could not find them in the Download section.

Thanks!!

bbathome

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
guess you have to download and install mp1.0 again in a seperate dir, and then copy over the blue3...

Argh - I will try it in a virtual machine. Thanks.

I copied Blue3 back and the error message disappeared.

Thanks for the help - but nevertheless an irritating error message.

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
indeed. and dunno why it comes if you delete any of the basic skins. i still get the error msg thou i have all neccesary files changed, and still have the original blue3 and blue3wide... never the less it still comes. i've learned to live with it. only shows on one of my test pc's thou they all run with the same installations.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Deleting the standard skins is not recommended, as these are needed for testing and troubleshooting.

MSI files should be self repairing. I'm not sure why you got that message. Usually, if you delete any needed files, the system will automatically run the installation MSI the next time you try to run MP to try and repair any deletions. I figure the log files may have given a message about not finding relevant files.
    Glad it all worked out,
    Marcus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom