Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC-16
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: iMON
    TV: Philips 42PES00001
    TV - HTPC Connection: Hdmi

Hi All,

After I installed MP 1.1 I noticed that the osd (the one you see when you hit pause) for tv and video (in blue3wide) has moved from the top to the bottom of the screen, but I do like to get it back at the top.
    Which skinfile should I modify to do that?

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Proceed with caution! :eek:

I have limited experience modifying skin xml files, but I can tell you this can become a huge time investment. For your issue, it would be a simple matter if the absolute position of the OSD was specified in one place and then the elements within it used relative coordinates. But it isn't set up that way. Also, you may find there is an unexpected consequence of your actions, and then you have to change something in another xml file, if you can figure out which file that is...

If you're up to the challenge, I suggest:

1. Make a copy of the entire skin you want to modify, and name it something like Blue3WideMod1 . This makes it really easy to switch back to the original skin if you need to, and you will always have the original files available if you need to compare.
    (To find the skin folders, go to MePo Config and click User Config Files at the very top.)

2. In MePo Config, select the new skin: Blue3WideMod1 .

3. Get one of the free xml editors, which makes editing much easier and less prone to human error. Editing in Notepad is possible but can make you go insane. You only need a simple xml editor, not one of the huge full-featured ones. (In Windows XP I use XML Notepad 2007 from M$, but it doesn't work in Windows 7, probably the same for Vista.)

4. You will find this little plugin indispensable. MyRefresh: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - My Refresh for Build 13639 & higher

MyRefresh allows you to reload xml files while MediaPortal is still running. You just press F5. Say you have an xml skin file open, and you change the position of an item. Now you Save the file, then Alt+Tab to switch to MedaiPortal, and press F5. You will see the result instantly. (You do not have to close the xml file, but you do have to save your edits to disk before MePo can load the edited version.) Also, to allow this quick Alt+Tab switching, in MePo Config make sure to uncheck "Keep MediaPortal always on top."

5. Clear your social calendar for the next few nights. ;)

6. For your OSD issue, look at this file to get started (in your new skin folder): Blue3WideMod1\TVOSD.xml
    You will notice there are other OSD files for Videos, DVDs, and channel ZAP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom