Blueray intergration in internal player mediaportal ? (1 Viewer)

Rob-

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Blueray intergration in internal player mediaportal ?

Does someone know if this is coming into futere releases of mediaportal.
Dont want to use external players Just want mediaportal .

Or is this something what is for the long term

greets rob:D

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
IIRC there is no open/free source decoder for bluray due to the content restrictions on them hence one can not integrated into MP. DVD's only work because MS supplies a decoder with the OS and there are open/free source ones available.

So for the moment you're stuck, like me, having to use the PDVD plugin to watch blurays

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
IIRC there is no open/free source decoder for bluray due to the content restrictions on them hence one can not integrated into MP. DVD's only work because MS supplies a decoder with the OS and there are open/free source ones available.

So for the moment you're stuck, like me, having to use the PDVD plugin to watch blurays

Well in fact it's more due to the problem of licensing and DRM...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I am fairly sure the main problem is the menus.
    MPC-HC will playback from disc but IIRC it just picks the longest playlist and uses that.

Given the right codecs you will find that you can play M2TS files in MP but the audio is slightly problematic still as there is no DTS-HD MA decoder yet (FFDShow will do TrueHD and DD+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom