Codecs BluRay rip problem - video playing 2x speed, audio is fine (1 Viewer)

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello all

I recently purchased the first 3 "Pirates of the Caribean" movies on BluRay. Usually when I buy BluRay titles, I rip them and watch them on my MediaPortal rig, and usually without any problems at all.
    However, all 3 PotC movies ended up with an issue I have not observed before on other rips: The video is playing with close to double speed while the audio is playing at normal rate. This of course makes it impossible to enjoy the movies.
    Where the real fun started, was when I tried watching the movies on my Western Digital HD TV Live box - because when I played the exact same BluRay rips on the WD TV box, all was fine.

This has led me to believe that it is a Codec problem. I just have no idea how to solve it.
    I run SAF 5.02 Final and I do not experience this issue with any other BluRay rips I have.

MediaPortal is running on Windows 7 64-bit with an nVidia graphics adapter. Usually when I watch BluRay rips I see no problems at all, so I am really curious why this issue occurs. It happens on all 3 PotC movies I have. I have ripped several other movies before and after these discs and they all play fine.

Any ideas on why this occurs?

Cheers
    /Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom