broken TV-Gemist plugin since BETA release

Discussion in '1.0.2 and SVN Builds' started by Gup, February 1, 2010.

1. Gup

Gup Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1 BETA

Hi,

I have a bug with the TVGemist plugin as everyone else see thread tv-gemisthere that the plug doesn't work anymore with the BETA release. (no video with bassengine). I checked out what is wrong. According to the source of 3.1.2 there is nothing wrong. It calls g_Player.Play(url) which should be fine. The trouble is that the supplied url's from the sites aren't a direct link to the wmv files. In a correct way the procedure g_Player.PlayVideoStream(url); should be called. But this only works for direct wmv files.
    Why did it work in ALPHA version?
    Well in alpha version there was a mistake or future in property assignment. In the core.dll there is a file called AudioPlayerWMP9.cs
    . In this file the capabilties are set for the player. In ALPHA version this property "HasVideo" is set to true;.
    In BETA version the property "HasVideo" is set to false;
    The player renders the file only as a audio in the BETA version. I tested this and changing the value back to true fixes the problem.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!