Broken update from MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Awesome, we are almost there... almost ;) Couple of things:

- separation for title / foreign fields works only in the main rename db, it doesn't work at all in custom db (I think the line is ignored completely); don't know if it's by design or not. For me it makes sense to keep formats the same.

This is done by design for the time being, as to not break existing users custom rename database. See I have control over the default rename one, so when I updated the scraper-script to work on a different syntax, that only worked when I updated the default rename database at the same time.

However because a users custom file is just that 'custom', they would already have put in the way they want the title to be shown directly. There is no need to keep title and foreign seperated if they want them together, they just make the title "English (Foreign)" and if they don't want it, then they just use "English" alone. So the need to add the title="..." foreign="..." system into the custom rename database is therefore obsolete.

I will still look into it, but later when things have settled down on other things I'm working on.

- For Avatar, special tags are not added to sortby (I guess because there is an override on the sortby, why?), so "Avatar ([2D Special Extended Edition])" and "Avatar ([3D])" are sorted on "Avatar I"; for renames without sortby override (e.g. The Butterfly Effect) it works fine

That's one of those weird cases. Avatar II and III are too far away into the future (especially at the time I added their entries), that no current user would want to see Avatar show up as "Avatar I". Sure the Roman numeral strip system is now incorporated and could take care of it, but that was added later.

So yes, I already added the next two movies in the trilogy, but kept the current one forced on just a SortBy title change. That way in the future when 2nd+ movie gets added, at least the sorting order would already be in place.

I do see how this would mess up your special tag system, but you can solve that by overruling the default rename database entry for Avatar with your own. As it stands I think there will be more users with just the one version of Avatar then there will be with your setup, so hope you don't mind.

Fix one thing break another :)

- Different editions are not updated, see this code:

Code:
                        // skip over previous refreshed
                        if (PluginSettings.MoviesRefreshed.Contains(movie.ImdbID)) continue;

So when I have different editions of the same movie (same tt-id), only the first one gets updated. E.g.

2012-01-28 16:18:04[Refresh Movies][39][Info] Refreshing movie information [5/11] 'The Vengeance III: Lady Vengeance (Chinjeolhan geumjassi) [Fade to Black & White]'
    2012-01-28 16:18:08[Refresh Movies][39][Info] Refreshing movie information [6/11] 'The Vengeance III: Lady Vengeance (Chinjeolhan geumjassi) [Color]'

the second one doesn't get updated.

That is code that makes the cancel/resume system work. It verifies on the already refreshed ones via IMDb tt-ID. Will have to see if there is a way to make sure only one ID exists and if more to refresh all of them :D

Apart from these fairly minor issues, great job RoChess, much appreciated!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom