[Installation] BSOD after installing MediaPortalSetup_1.1.0_BETA-1_rev23491 (1 Viewer)

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0_BETA-1_rev23491
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Win 7 32 bit
    CPU Type: Athlon 330 2x1,6GHz
    HDD: samsung 320GB, 2.5"
    Memory: 1x2048MB
    Motherboard: Point of View ION 330-1
    Video Card: onboard ION
    Video Card Driver: 195.62
    Sound Card: onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: technisat skystar usb2 HD w CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: newest
    2. TV Card: TT Stick
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: newest
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2° E
    HTPC Case: DIY
    Cooling: passive
    Power Supply: inbuilt 60W
    Remote: MCE Remote V2
    TV: LG37LY95
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

hello at all,

yesterday i tried to install the new beta rev 23491 on a fresh win7.

win7 and all drivers are installed and worked so far. no errors in device manager shown.

strange thing is, that i cannot install .net framework 3.5 SP1 on this machine. anyone else havin this problem?
    whn i try to setup, i see different files unpacking and then nothing.
    in the software list whre nit normally shows up....nothing. :eek:

then after setup of MP beta i get immediately a BSOD showing cryptic failures like 0008xxxx or something else like that. system restarts then and after that the same thing again.

the only thing i could do then is start in safe mode and deinstall MP but MySQL won't cause it cannot connect to the host.

so i cannot provide any logs but the described behaviour.

does anybody has helpful hints or similar experiences with a behaviour like that?

thanks.
    ieb

sonix1977nl

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    General question for the MediaPortal developers: does MediaPortal install any component that runs at high enough privilege to actually be able to result in BSODs? I personally doubt it, so I guess that it is something else that is causing your BSODs. Like fault memory or something like that.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    General question for the MediaPortal developers: does MediaPortal install any component that runs at high enough privilege to actually be able to result in BSODs? I personally doubt it, so I guess that it is something else that is causing your BSODs. Like fault memory or something like that.

No, MP doesn't run any components in kernel side. But MP could trigger a bug in driver(s) that cause BSOD (so the issue looks like it would be caused by MP).

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Video Card Driver: 195.62

That driver causes problems with my gt220, last driver that does not is 191, go figure ;(

Thank you paranoid delusion. I did that after cleaning the hdd an registry too. Then I installed MP plus latest SVN (January 8).
    BSOD is gone.

Only issu was, that My SQL wasn't running du to missing config files in MP and MP TV Server. I replaced with som from the repository and now all is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom